PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Atlanta GA-area People: Need Audio-Savvy Help for Anime Convention

GordonW
08-22-2006, 04:17 PM
(To CA Forum Mods: This looked like the best place for this post. If it is in the wrong place, sorry, and please just move it where it needs to be. Thanks!)

Hey, just a shout here... I'm looking for audio-savvy volunteers to help us do A/V setup and takedown at Anime Weekend Atlanta, the weekend of Sept. 21-24.

Basically, for doing some "grunt work" and some A/V system configuration on Thursday afternoon/night (Sept. 21), and the reverse duty (taking it all down to go back into storage) on Sunday (Sept. 24), you'll get a free staff pass, to go to any of the events of the weekend. We will have only minor duties during the weekend (setting up a small PA system Friday and Saturday afternoon, moving some chairs and tables around Saturday night for a short while)... but other than that, you'll have the WHOLE WEEKEND FREE to go to anything at the convention!

If you’re looking for different sorts of work, we’ll also be accepting staffers for most areas of convention duties… working in the event and panel rooms, art show, costume gallery, video rooms, video game rooms, RPG gaming room, dealer’s room, artists alley, and more.

Anyone interested, should come to the event early (as soon after 1 PM as possible!) on Thursday, Sept. 21. It's at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel, here in Atlanta... at the intersection of I-285, I-75 and Cobb Parkway, at the Cobb Galleria. Meet up with our staffers in the Garden Court area (where the Event Registration booth is, on the second floor). You must have arrived by the time of the mandatory 8:00PM staff meeting, if not earlier, to register to be on staff.

Here's a link to our convention webpage... it gives a good overview and some specifics on who, what, where and when things are happening over the weekend.

www.awa-con.com

We're expecting some 8000+ attendees this year, so it should be a blast!!
Thanks, and hope to see some of y'all there!

Regards,
Gordon.
Anime Weekend Atlanta Technical Services Director

GordonW
08-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Anyone who joins up, please remember to tell the AWA Staffing people I sent you! I get free Pocky candy that way! :D

Regards,
Gordon.