PDA

View Full Version : High End Speakers?

MikA
08-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Who makes the hands down best speakers? I have MB quarts in my prelude but I want to get new speakers in a toyota tacoma. Price doesn't matter I just want awesome sound quality

Colin+M
08-22-2006, 10:28 AM
I like my Seas Lotus Refs. Not top-dollar, but they sound pretty darn good.

JimJ
08-22-2006, 10:33 AM
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3999.html

mikeyboc
08-22-2006, 10:39 AM
You are not going to find a universal, hands down answer to that. When you get to higher end speakers, you can't really make a bad choice, but it is all about inding the ones that have the sound you are looking for. Check out some of the Rainbow line, Seas, Focal K2P, and maybe the Boston Z6. There are many others, so take a look around, and then just find some place to listen to them.

phantom240
08-22-2006, 10:47 AM
I <3 my MB Quarts, but if you want the best, there are some $12,000 rainbows floatin around the forum.

You know youre an audiophile when your front speakers cost 12 times as much as you paid for your car.... well that would be for me at least.

6spdcoupe
08-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Price certainly isnt everything, but typically will get you into the upper end of things.

The term "best" is way too subjective, there simply is no such thing. What sounds good to you may sound like **** to the next person.

Try listing your listening preferences,genre types, amplification,etc...these are things that will help narrow down decisions, but still noone can tell you what will sound good to Your ears.

cyantist
08-22-2006, 11:13 AM
My pants get a little bit tighter every time I look at those Rainbows.. :D

ItalynStylion
08-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Price certainly isnt everything, but typically will get you into the upper end of things.

The term "best" is way too subjective, there simply is no such thing. What sounds good to you may sound like **** to the next person.

Try listing your listening preferences,genre types, amplification,etc...these are things that will help narrow down decisions, but still noone can tell you what will sound good to Your ears.

Agreed.....its like saying the color Blue is better than the color Red......Its all personal taste

6spdcoupe
08-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Agreed.....its like saying the color Blue is better than the color Red......Its all personal taste

Wait a sec...Blue isnt better? WTF? :crap:

audiolife
08-22-2006, 12:55 PM
usd super A's or id comp 2's are a good start lol

kublkmax
08-22-2006, 06:49 PM
This questions is way to open ended. I would tell you Rainbows becasue that is what I run. The next guy will tell you Dynaudio because that is what he runs, then Seas lotus will jump in the mix. Really when it comes to high end compents. All the top end ones will yield great results. It ultimatly comes down to what your ears like. So my suggestion would be test the ones out perferibly in some ones car versus a sound board. Then your ears will tell you what direction to go.

atwistd1
08-22-2006, 07:15 PM
You are not going to find a universal, hands down answer to that. When you get to higher end speakers, you can't really make a bad choice, but it is all about inding the ones that have the sound you are looking for. Check out some of the Rainbow line, Seas, Focal K2P, and maybe the Boston Z6. There are many others, so take a look around, and then just find some place to listen to them.

Add to that list Elemental Designs EDi 6500's

mikeyboc
08-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Add to that list Elemental Designs EDi 6500's

It is open to debate, but the ED 6500's aren't in the same class IMO, atleast when I have heard them.

atwistd1
08-22-2006, 07:22 PM
It is open to debate, but the ED 6500's aren't in the same class IMO, atleast when I have heard them.

depends in the installation, when i was shopping around i heard a set that sounded like a$$ so i chose Focals, a short time later i was at a show and heard the ed's again and was blown away, better, cleaner amp and quality install made all the difference, so much so that i decided to switch and just bought the ed's and am gonna sell the focals or put them in the GF's car.

Blazin Civic
08-27-2006, 03:02 AM
I am a huge fan of the new JL ZRs...also the new diamonds are pretty solid. Both need power.

squeak9798
08-27-2006, 09:16 AM
It is open to debate, but the ED 6500's aren't in the same class

:word:

squeak9798
08-27-2006, 09:16 AM
usd super A's or id comp 2's are a good start lol

:iagree: