PDA

View Full Version : did i mess up on deadening?

MiSeRy
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
i think i messed up maybe pretty good. i deadened my passenger door only so far. but i did 2 layers on the inner door panel and a 3rd layer right behind the speaker. the part where im pretty sure i messed up is i didnt over lap it from top to bottom in all areas ( wondering if that was a bad idea due to water) and also the 2 support bars in my doorwhen i deadened down to it a couple pieces were to big and so at the top of the bar in an area or two. the deadener forms like a U. and i am wondering if water might get in there and just sit. the problem is i also sealed off all the access holes with plexiglass, liquid nails and silicone. do i need to tear it out and redo(omg what an expensive pain in the *** that would be). but i dont want water to get in there and cause problems either. any advice from someone who knows and that actually has a clue as to what i just said. sorry if i was confusing in my post. :uhoh:

60ndown
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
drill a couple holes from the underneath/outside of the door maybe? let water out.if it gets in.

MiSeRy
08-21-2006, 05:53 PM
drill a couple holes from the underneath/outside of the door maybe? let water out.if it gets in.

there are holes in the bottom of the door, but i am worried about the water making it to the bottom of the door. the u channel that i unfortunately made is in about the middle of the door. the problem is i dont want the water to just sit there in the middle of the door :crap:

zachzchw
08-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Pics?

MiSeRy
08-21-2006, 08:31 PM
i'll try to take some pics tomorrow if i can, but i have sealed the holes with plexiglass, so not sure i will be able to get at the right angle to see it, but if nothing else i'll try to take the picture and highlight the area in which i am talking about.

BentZero
08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Pics will definitely help. It must be a pretty large cup if you're that worried about water collection.

~Magick_Man~
08-22-2006, 02:42 AM
i wouldnt immagine it will be a problem unless there is a large area for water to collect.
just slam your door after it rains :p:

then you may get water on your speakers :crap:

i dont think it will be a problem but any pics you can provide will help.

~Magick_Man~

SATX210
08-22-2006, 03:40 AM
you are more of a threat to your car than BBY

MiSeRy
08-22-2006, 06:47 PM
you are more of a threat to your car than BBY

this ***** loves to ride my nuts :laugh: