PDA

View Full Version : speaker suggestion, help plz

NY-KiD
08-18-2006, 01:12 AM
hey

this is what i have so far (not alot)....Pioneer Avic-N2 HU, RF 8002 amp, RF P3 12" subs, and factory speakers (maxima 2001, not bose). okay the speakers are really getting annoying. If I crank the volume level to 30, the speakers start distorting, so I'm thinking of getting new ones. Basically I want loud speakers that are good quality. I looked over the crutchfield website and talked to the sales rep. and he recommended me these speakers:

a pair of Infinity Kappa 60.7cs, Infinity Kappa 62.7i, and Infinity Reference 7541a amp to power em up. The speakers are 2ohm, so the amp will power them at their max rms @ 2ohm. The max rms amp has is 139 watts x 4. What do you think? I think this is the best Crutchfield has to offer, but definately the best compared to some other brands mentioned on this site. I can get all these almost half the price on ebay and I calculated it would cost me around 400-450$ for everything.

According to my research, anything more powerful than these speakers are bigger size speakers, which I will probably add later on in the back if I have to because Ill have to cut in the back. So please give me some suggestions if I should get these or not. My budget is around 450 for both amp and speakers.