PDA

View Full Version : Only one light comes on, on Germanium crossover?

Eric111e
08-17-2006, 05:19 PM
When ever i run my germs at about 30/35 volume the tweeter protection light for the drivers side only comes on. Is this normal? I dont understand why only one of the lights would come on? If possible i would like the drivers side like the passenger so it wont come on.

flakko
08-17-2006, 05:21 PM
try turning your gains down, and maybe none of the lights would turn on.

superdooperman
08-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Agreed with above statement. What kind of deck are you running? 30 - 35 on the volume seems kind of high, makes me think the HU is sending a clipped signal. Set the gains properly and try again.

headless
08-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Left channel probably has more/louder of a signal to be sent, thus left side is receiving more power than the right.

Eric111e
08-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Agreed with above statement. What kind of deck are you running? 30 - 35 on the volume seems kind of high, makes me think the HU is sending a clipped signal. Set the gains properly and try again.

Its a kenwood ddx6019

kublkmax
08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Turn your gain down. ON a Kenwood that is almost max volume or it is Max volume. That is why it is going into protection. Turn that gain down!!!! How often do you listen to your music that loud?

Eric111e
08-18-2006, 04:39 PM
I dont put it up that loud much, when i do its only for a few seconds.

superdooperman
08-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I dont put it up that loud much, when i do its only for a few seconds.

why do it at all? Sending a clipped signal for any period of time can damage speakers. Do some searching as to properly setting gains. Most decks preouts start to clip there signal around the 3/4 volume area. (generalization, some decks are different)

Starky
08-18-2006, 06:16 PM
6spdcoupe says its completely Normal for the Lights to go on, and they are supposed to...

3.5Max6spd
08-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Lights just mean they are doing their job. If you are only getting them on one side is possible your one ch is putting out more than the other at that gain setting somehow. Nothing you can really do other than turn the gain down a tad, this is where its great to have indidual gains on each ch.

superdooperman
08-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Lights just mean they are doing their job. If you are only getting them on one side is possible your one ch is putting out more than the other at that gain setting somehow. Nothing you can really do other than turn the gain down a tad, this is where its great to have indidual gains on each ch.

Just out of curiousity, how would something like that occour? Something faulty at the amp, maybe wire/connection problem?

Ruffy
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM

when should I worry then? See I was listening to it fairly loud. (Not as loud as I wanted to tho. Still had 2 more ticks on my factory radio. Plus my radio has a 3 slider EQ and I had the hi/treble fairly low. Mids were slightly higher than there normal position. and And bass was fairly low as well.

Now I glanced over and noticed the light practically dancing. It kept getting brighter and brighter and brighter(Thought the **** bulb would pop)

This is AFTER i set my gains via multimeter to 100rms each.