PDA

View Full Version : help with tweeter placement

jacka
08-14-2006, 04:29 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/Jeeeem/IMG_0556.jpg

here's a picture of how my tweeter/woofer is mounted. where the tweeter is, its a bit far away from the housing panel so i'm sure some waves are being lost. can someone help me choose a ballpark place for the tweets? i know its dependent on the listening, but i just want some quick ideas.

wesl56
08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
i dont understand why you dont like that place?

jacka
08-14-2006, 04:54 PM
isnt it better to keep the tweeter as close to the woofer as possible? and i think in that place some soundwaves arent getting through since it is not surface mounted.

kublkmax
08-14-2006, 04:58 PM
what are you running? If it is componenets and not factory and you are worried about distance take the tweeter out of phase. I would not worry to much about that distance unless you want it in the a pillar that may change things. Or mount the tweet on the outside of the factory location.

slc72005
08-14-2006, 05:07 PM
mount it above and to the right of the woofer in that little curved valley.

you will have a lot better imaging with the tweeter down there, they you can play with the tweets and mids phasing.

heck my tweeter on the left is out of phase, the mid on the lef tis in phase, and the tweeter ont he right is in phase and the right woofer is out of phase.

i tios all dependent on the vehicle and your listening habits and what YOU THINK sounds good.

but the tweets should be closer to the woofers that makes it easier to get it to sound good and blend with the mid real good

heyman421
08-14-2006, 05:15 PM
3"> from the woofer, or 6"< if you can't get it that close......

if you can get it within 3", and your tweets have decent off-axis performance, you'll appreciate the difference