PDA

View Full Version : 1989 cutlass calias **HELP PLEASE**

budahbuddy803
08-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Well i made a thread when this happened but now i am dire need of a car. I was just riding down the road and all of the sudden the gas pedal floors itself and i have no idea what is going on so i step on the brake and it is locked so i cannot push it down. I try to get into the right lane and my steeringwheel is locked up as well. I throw it in neutal and it revs up so i quickly put it back into drive to avoid as much of a tranny problem as possible. After i put it back into drive my brakes came back and the gas pedal fixed itself, but the steering was still "manual". Well, i got it to my final destination (work), look under the hood and find that one of my belts is stripped off and shredded to pieces. It wasnt the belt that runs through the alternator, but the one on the right side if you are looking at it. Does anyone know what this belt is called, and or how much it will cost to fix? I have the manual but i am not at my house. School starts tomarrow and i NEED A RIDE!!!

mtdewelf
08-12-2006, 09:16 PM
honestly, start bumming rides, walking or riding the city bus. there is no way i'd get in that car again for your sake and for EVERYONE around you. that is a crazy ******* story though man.

budahbuddy803
08-12-2006, 09:18 PM
yes i have a ride for a week or so and I am working on getting another car, i was just wondering if anyone could help me out with this ride so i can drive until i can get a little bit more funds for my new ride. Thanx

Silver
08-12-2006, 09:20 PM
what size motor

budahbuddy803
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM
v4 i believe

mtdewelf
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM
that's kinda what i meant, no way you are gonna fix this for less then the price of gettting a new car. I honestly have no idea what it could be, the belt probably was what caused the steering to go out but wouldn't have affected the pedals. I've had something similar happen with the gas pedal but i was always able to use the brake, and since they aren't/shouldn't be connected with eachother i have no idea why both would go out together.

Silver
08-12-2006, 09:41 PM
sometimes, the only way to diagnos the problem is to put a new belt on a see whats happening.

could of just been a faulty belt.

mtdewelf
08-12-2006, 09:43 PM
sometimes, the only way to diagnos the problem is to put a new belt on a see whats happening.

could of just been a faulty belt.
would you trust that if you were driving down the freeway man? how does a belt affect throttle or brakes?