PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting midbass out of 6.5" components

Reggiewolf
08-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Im not getting much midbass out of my 6.5" component speakers. They are Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1. I have a clarion DXZ955MC that has a ton of settings I could mess with Im just not sure what ones to mess with to get more midbass. I was also reading that sound deadening could really help also. Any help would be appreciated.

fruggy
08-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Im not getting much midbass out of my 6.5" component speakers. They are Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1. I have a clarion DXZ955MC that has a ton of settings I could mess with Im just not sure what ones to mess with to get more midbass. I was also reading that sound deadening could really help also. Any help would be appreciated.

sound deadening your doors will help alot.Also infinity kappas arent known for midbass.

Reggiewolf
08-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Is there anything I could do with my HU settings? Could somebody point me to a tutorial on how to tune a system. Im having some trouble with all of the settings on my HU

squeak9798
08-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Is there anything I could do with my HU settings? Could somebody point me to a tutorial on how to tune a system. Im having some trouble with all of the settings on my HU

What settings are you having trouble with?

Also, as was mentioned....Infinity's are not known for having overwhelming midbass impact. A good start would be to read the sound deadening tutorial at the top of the speaker section. That is something that will benefit any installation.

95stroked1500
08-12-2006, 07:19 PM
like the other guys are saying, install can help out the midbass.

for a rough start, try a boost @ 100hz and see what you think. if you're HU will do that.

guy022077
08-12-2006, 07:22 PM
install helps a lot, i got my type x's and they sounds like 8's booming away in a very tight door. just read wat squeak said, it will help

Reggiewolf
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Thank you guys for your help, Im going to order some sound Deadener.

T3mpest
08-13-2006, 04:20 AM
Never forget, there's a difference between midbass and subbass from your mids. Regardless of which one you need, deadening will help. If you want to play with your hu, try boosting around things between 80-200 or so, just play with any frequencies in that range and see what sounds best.

squeak9798
08-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Be extremely careful boosting the midbass frequencies. Too much boost and you'll either begin clipping the amplifier or overexcurting the mids...both of which could have disasterous endings.