PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Rainbows!!

stealitall
08-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey I got a problem +. I have CS 265 Profi Phase Plug in front and CS 230 Profi in back. What I can't understand is that the crossover keeps turning the Vol. down. I guess its there so it don't burn up. But what I cant understand is that the Vol is only hitting the half way marks and it lowers it self!! I have to turn the Vol down almost all the way so it can cool off. Do you think its HU or AMP the Amp is Brand new HU is about 4years. Need some info thanks!!! :crying:

3.5Max6spd
08-10-2006, 09:44 AM
If you are getting the protection kicking in so early in your volume range It sounds to be a gain related issue. Set your gains properly.

No way can a 'pair ' components' not get loud enough for you before HALO kicks in, running a single sub. My guess is the speakers are seeing more power/distortion than signal at that volume mark- possibly clipping it early in the HU's voltage range.

wesl56
08-10-2006, 09:55 AM
If you are getting the protection kicking in so early in your volume range It sounds to be a gain related issue. Set your gains properly.

No way can a 'pair ' components' not get loud enough for you before HALO kicks in, running a single sub. My guess is the speakers are seeing more power/distortion than signal at that volume mark- possibly clipping it early in the HU's voltage range.

x2

6spdcoupe
08-10-2006, 12:28 PM
so this is a new problem not related with...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172207

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172207

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170017

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166145

?

konechiwa
08-10-2006, 04:59 PM
well with the reputation rainbow has here i would be pissed too, i mean they are supposed to be absolutely amazing, and to buy all that and have it crap out like that would be a bit infuriating.

but 4 threads!

stealitall
08-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Yea 2 are diff from each other. One broke about 2 to 3 weeks later after the other one did. Plus I did not get a real answer for my Q that I asked thats why I asked again!!!;) And yes other then the last one its diff its not becasue of the coils just becasue I have 2 still running and they still do it!!!!I have not got the other ones returned yet!!!

3.5Max6spd
08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Yea 2 are diff from each other. One broke about 2 to 3 weeks later after the other one did. Plus I did not get a real answer for my Q that I asked thats why I asked again!!!;) And yes other then the last one its diff its not becasue of the coils just becasue I have 2 still running and they still do it!!!!I have not got the other ones returned yet!!!

Perhaps learn from your mistakes. Keep xovers out of your doors and set your gains properly.

skierxx5556
08-10-2006, 07:17 PM

Thats not true the HALO protection was kicking in on my comps at even moderate volumes when they were first installed and while I am running a **** load of power to them my gains are properly set, I found a solution for that quick though. What does running a single sub have to do with the HALO kicking in?

stealitall
08-10-2006, 07:34 PM
I did not setup my system the installer did!!! And how did you fix it Skierxx5556???

6spdcoupe
08-10-2006, 09:41 PM
part of the reason for the xovers physically breaiking is having them screwed onto the door an a not so level surface...its plastic, it will flex and eventually break.

stealitall
08-10-2006, 11:11 PM
I understand that I took take of that problem but the sound problem still there!!

AphexTwin
08-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Have you tried hooking them up without the passive crossover?

kublkmax
08-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Could he be preclipping at the HU? Loweryour gains on your amp. I know that this may sound stupid but since you did not set up your system make sure that the tweeters are actually wired to the right spot on the crossover. You are gonna have to walk through your set up from front to back.

stealitall
08-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Well I would try to look to see if it hooked up right but they throw the books away. Does any one have info on how the wires should be! Thanks