PDA

View Full Version : new tweeter suggestions

kizzo
08-09-2006, 08:43 AM
So i got a set of Cadence cwm-6 component set up for my front stage. The tweeter on the left is busted pretty bad and the one on the right might also be damaged, probably from too much power. I need a set of decent tweeters that take around 100w-150w paired with my cadence mid drivers. Im looking for something around 60$. Suggestions?

Im running the speakers off a profile CA600 feeding 150wrms to each set.

djman37
08-09-2006, 10:22 AM
So i got a set of Cadence cwm-6 component set up for my front stage. The tweeter on the left is busted pretty bad and the one on the right might also be damaged, probably from too much power. I need a set of decent tweeters that take around 100w-150w paired with my cadence mid drivers. Im looking for something around 60$. Suggestions?

Im running the speakers off a profile CA600 feeding 150wrms to each set.

is this the power for the component set? using passive XO? or active?

djman37
08-09-2006, 10:23 AM
either way, parts express has a wide range of tweets.
madisound as well.

FoxPro5
08-10-2006, 03:14 PM
The new Seas Neo tweets are like $60 for the pair at Madisound. You have an aluminum and fabric to choose from. Solid budged choice. Otherwise the Dayton rs28 is a good one too.

squeak9798
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
What impedance do you need? (i.e. what is the impedance of the Cadence tweeters...not of the component set, but of the tweeters themselves).

What xover point and slope does the passive crossover use?

Those questions need to be answered before any meaningful suggestions can be given.

And you'll never find a tweeter than can truly handle a full 100w of continuous power. So don't worry about finding a tweeter with that high of a power rating.

djman37
08-10-2006, 08:35 PM
What impedance do you need? (i.e. what is the impedance of the Cadence tweeters...not of the component set, but of the tweeters themselves).

What xover point and slope does the passive crossover use?

Those questions need to be answered before any meaningful suggestions can be given.

And you'll never find a tweeter than can truly handle a full 100w of continuous power. So don't worry about finding a tweeter with that high of a power rating.

my vifa XT's say they can. the .pdf claims WAY higher: for long periods 4xx watts for SHORT periods of time 9xx watts. There's NO WAY I'd try to find that out!