PDA

View Full Version : Other SUV's?

qtipextra
08-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Alaskian Pipline expected to raise gas prices up to $4/gallon. Well, I was gonna get 2002 Dodge Durango. With the expected gas hikes, I am having second thoughts. The only thing is, I was looking forward to the room the Durango offered. I have amp rack plans and everything drawn out to the Durango cargo room size.

So, Im looking for a newer (2000 and up) SUV that has good gas milege, looks good, and has room comparable to the Durango, and can be gotten for around 9 grand.

Im kinda pissed cuz I have had my mind set on a Durango since feb, and I have been saving like crazy to get a good down payment. I'm more then halfway to my goal of 3,000 for a downpayment, but now I kinda have all the wind taken out of me.

zachzchw
08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
If gas mileage is that important to you, you need to not get an SUV.
Just remember, your mileage will be even worse when its loaded down with a big setup.

mikeyboc
08-08-2006, 10:59 PM
SUV and good gas mileage don't go together. If you arelooking for anything in the same class as a Durango, the gas mileage will be ******. So you should just get what you want.

qtipextra
08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
im just looking for options. Theres no way I can be a full time student and afford gas at the same time as vehicle payment plus insurance. It would be managable at current gas prices, but not at 4.

zachzchw
08-08-2006, 11:03 PM
im just looking for options. .

Your best option, then, is to get a different type of vehicle.
No SUV will be fuel efficient.

Even if you got one of the very small SUV's, you wont have much more space than a trunk car.

SuperTrooper
08-08-2006, 11:05 PM
I have a Nissan X-Terra it drinks the fuel like theres no tomorrow. But I did just buy my wife a new Toyota RAV 4. (the new ones/new body style) Man it's cool. Got a lil' 4 banger gets great gas mileage. And plenty of room for the jams.