PDA

View Full Version : Crystal SSCS6

Igotskills
08-07-2006, 05:48 PM
I am going to get a new pair of comp. but I don't no which ones to get. I was thinking about either the Crystal SSCS6, or diamond Audio D661A. I no alot of people on this forum love the rainbows but I would not be able to afford the top of the line pair. I was told the slc were around 230. Which I could afford if they were that much better then the others. I like alot of midbase and clear highs. I hear really good things about the crystals in the midbase department. Help me decide. Which ones should I get? I want to order them tonight if possible.

jacka
08-07-2006, 05:55 PM
well for the price, the sscs6 seems to be very good. excalerater likes em over the d661 and hex series. i wanna know more about the sscs6 myself, i think a few people have tried em on here so im sure they'll chime in.

Igotskills
08-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Ya I almost bought them this morning but for some reason I stoped myself . I am one of those people that will research it for ever and by the time I am ready to buy something there is something better out. I hate it.

Igotskills
08-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Also does anyone no the mounting depth on the sscs6?

jacka
08-07-2006, 06:14 PM
i believe it was ~3.1 inches, check their site.

Igotskills
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Just found it and that is correct.

jasperpso
08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
the diamonds are 2.7 in depth.. i bought the d661s model for the silk tweeters.. i was told they are slightly milder.. if you hold off till the weekend, i will have mine installed and will post a review.. i am waiting for a roll of raammat to be delivered.. i got mine off ebay for $175. have read allot of good things about em.. i almost ordered the crystals.. the fact that nobody sells them steered me away.. i couldnt find a website that had them that i trusted.. and they were more money then these diamonds on ebay.. so i went with diamond.. xcelerater had the hex's and commented that he thought the crystals were better, but i have read that even though the prices conflict, that the d6 mid woofers have a better midbass then the hex's.

i am sure they are both good

Ignatowski
08-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Ya I almost bought them this morning but for some reason I stoped myself . I am one of those people that will research it for ever and by the time I am ready to buy something there is something better out. I hate it.

thats because your a tightwad :D

you should have bought them:eyebrow:

dleccord
08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
i was expecting more midbass out of mine.

jacka
08-08-2006, 06:37 PM
i see. did you deaden your doors? hows the tonality of the set? hows the tweet?

ryanbssc29
08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm about to get some D6's they sound really good off 100w-120w, but then again I've never heard thoes crystals. For me it came down to price. I know someone who sells diamond audio, hence my hole system consisting of diamond.

dleccord
08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
i love the tweets to be honest, not too harsh. love the midrange; they're punchy as hell. but i think they lack the midbass as i listen to it more and more. theres no attenuation(sp) btw.

this is what both my doors look like about a week ago:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g197/dleccord1/Photo-0085.jpg

i dont have a picture of them now but they have at least 2 layers in certain places. 2 layers behind the speakers and more clay. maybe i gotta try 150watt per side.

dru
08-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I love my sscs6.

dleccord
08-08-2006, 07:10 PM
for the buck, same here. i guess i need more power

Igotskills
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Tightwad!!! I love it. Thats what I needed. I talked to the guy over at full size chevy and I am just waiting for his pm to send the money to him. Thanks man.

95stroked1500
08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
yeah, i've had a lot of pm's over there the last couple days from people signing up just to contact me from here. so here i is.

they won't drop the midbass like a DD W6LT. it's a trade off in their design. they do hit some decent mid bass. their kevlar cone is light, fast, and tight. but for a set that can be had for $160 on the hook up,...... darn hard touch their performance for even twice the $.

to get the deeper mid bass out of them (in design), they would suffer in the upper mid range sound. with a sub, the low end mid bass usually isn't missed. sometimes with a sub, it can also be destructive to the low end mid bass.

over the weekend i just re-tuned a guys tahoe with them in stock locations and no deadening. his was hittin' some impressive mid bass, with his sub off. with the sub back on, it detracted from what the front stage was doing on the low mid bass. it also will be the acoustics of some vehicles and the installation that are going to add/ decrease the low mid bass response of what they do.

Igotskills
08-10-2006, 02:08 PM
What is a DD W6LT?

JohnnyChuttz
08-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Yay! Larry is over here now! What a great guy to deal with.

I believe that would be a Digital Designs Component set.

dleccord
08-10-2006, 03:37 PM
+1 for larry

Ignatowski
08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
thats the FSC guy who sells the Crystals - bother him for info from now on
he is more anylitical than I am and can give better info on the comps.
Me, I just say things like THEY KICK *** :)

Make sure you power them up heavy for best results IMO

95stroked1500
08-10-2006, 03:53 PM
What is a DD W6LT?

it's a 6 1/2" woofer/mid bass driver. like the other guys said, from digital designs.