PDA

View Full Version : Need Component speaker set(s)! (Please help)

Rawr-DQ
08-06-2006, 01:29 AM
I haven't kept myself updated in the audio scene, so I am not sure of what to buy.

I am looking for ~3 component sets to re-do my sound stage and get rid of my old alpines that couldn't satisfy my hunger for loud, clean, ear bleeding music. I'm am going to put two in the front, and 1 in the rear for fill, while deadening everything correctly this time so it sounds a lot nicer when I turn it up.

Here's what I'm looking for:
Loud,
Clear,
Clean,
and Crisp.

My old components took 50 rms watts each, (Alpine SPR-176A) and I had two sets of em. I'd like if the components you recommend use 50-125 rms watts each.

Price range, I'm hoping to get each set for around 200, I will pay more for nice speakers though, as long as they're that good and worth all that money.
I cannot afford a total over 1000.00, because I still need to buy nice amps for them. For the mathematically challenged, that's 333.33 each set.

Thankyou for the information!

Edit: I'm am looking for 6.5" comps.

Rawr-DQ
08-06-2006, 01:44 AM
I also heard somewhat of rainbows, I'm looking at these:

Rainbow SLC 265.02 - Sound Line 6-1/2" Component Set
http://www.speedsound.com/product.asp?specific=jncojqrrk

Edit:

Deciding if these are worth the extra money:

Rainbow CS 265 Contour Line 6-1/2" Two-Way Component System.
http://www.speedsound.com/product.asp?specific=jncpdphng

headless
08-06-2006, 12:10 PM
2 sets of rainbow germaniums up front and no rear fill FTW. ($450x2=$900 wee!) Spend the other 100 on some random 6x9's etc. if you REALLY want rear fill for some reason...though 2 sets of germaniums will be so loud i doubt you'll need rear fill.
From what i understand, the contour line no longer is manufactured. You'll want to get in touch with 6spdcoupe about current rainbow lines and prices.

Hoodlum007
08-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Research the CDT Cl61a Pro's, i have the lower series cl61a's and they sound so clean and crisp its hard to beleive. I can give them well over 110 to 130 watts rms with not a single sign of stress or distortion and i can crank them to full volumes with no ear piercing sounds since the tweeters are silk dome

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=4596

Rawr-DQ
08-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Don't think I'd need any real fill for a 5 seater coupe?
Hmm...I do want it plently loud though, but man, geraniums are expensive.

Also, I found the manuf. website and I noticed that there is no sign of the contours, won't be buying from that site, seems outdated or something.

So ATM, I decieding between the "Rainbow CS 265", or maybe some germaniums...anyone here listen to the both of them?

alphakenny1
08-06-2006, 03:07 PM
i'd just spend all the money on a nice component set and if rear fill is really necessary just get a set of coaxials to run off HU power. so for a component under $1000 roughly, of course im going to recommend the new seas lotus reference set :).