PDA

View Full Version : vtech question

Tbusiness06
08-05-2006, 02:29 PM
how much does it cost to Vtech an engine like the mitsubishi eclipse 4g63 engine(turbocharged)?

lil_will
08-05-2006, 02:37 PM
What are you talking about?

Twistid
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
4g63 > b16/b18

but the closest thing to "vtec'ing" a 4g63 i can think of would mayby be some upgraded cam's?

gl0ck
08-05-2006, 03:53 PM
a 4g63 is a great motor it doesnt really need a vtech system and i truely doubt you can, if you want more power turbo it or find a 4g63t.

also alot of ppl would flame you for ricing up a 4g63.

IrTehL33T@DBeez
08-05-2006, 04:27 PM
well my post got deleted so i guess i gotta be nice...... basically i put a negative questioning towards your intelligence when it comes to vehicle modification and felt it necessary to disallow you from attempting any kind of tuner activities based on lack of proper knowledge because of how rudamentary and ridiculously uninformed this question was.

you mispelled the system, its VTEC and it is an acronym, not a proper name for a singular object or a specified process of modification. one should research the function and availability of any modifications before attempting to delve into the application of such aftermarket equipment to its intended vehicles or trying to retrofit to another vehicle.

VTEC is a specific characteristic to honda engines... other manufacturers have their own variations inlcuding vvt-i and mivec.... mivec being mitsubishi's verson of variable valve timing which would probably be the more likely candidate to attempt a question at its application to the engine you specified, seeing as how they are produced by the same manufacturer.

please research as much as possible and ask questions from a well-informed perspective that arent vague and obviously unresearched.

p.s. is that better jmac?

talon2nr7588
08-05-2006, 04:30 PM
put the mivec head from the new evo X when it comes out on the 4G63T

gl0ck
08-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Mivec plus a 4g63 sound amazing, i wonder if i can get a mivec for my 6g73 but prob not.... :crying:

stealthcl
08-05-2006, 06:56 PM
:nutskick:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/rgreene/5825_bg.jpg

j3bus2k3
08-05-2006, 06:57 PM
:slap:

x2

hzsogood
08-05-2006, 08:08 PM
A lil off topic but i just saw a vid of a si, that claim to have beat a evo 8... That was pretty humorous i thought.. There is a vid , but it doesnt seem logical how a 16.5 second car stock can take a 14 second car.. Besides drivers

stealthcl
08-05-2006, 11:50 PM
A lil off topic but i just saw a vid of a si, that claim to have beat a evo 8... That was pretty humorous i thought.. There is a vid , but it doesnt seem logical how a 16.5 second car stock can take a 14 second car.. Besides drivers
well seeing that there are products made, that you can put on your car to make it faster.... i give up:crazy:

bumpinne0n
08-06-2006, 06:25 PM
how much does it cost to Vtech an engine like the mitsubishi eclipse 4g63 engine(turbocharged)?

You can't just add vtec or a similar system, as the other people have said. If I was you, I'd be praying that the crank doesn't walk.
http://i2.tinypic.com/23u3dl4.jpg

If you want to add more power, then look into a turbo back exhaust, larger FMIC, or even a larger turbo.

IrTehL33T@DBeez
08-07-2006, 02:04 AM
^^ intercoolers dont add power

i wont get into why in detail but its not a mod done for power gains in itself, its more of a supporting mod for a powerful setup

packerfan
08-07-2006, 02:12 AM
You can't just add vtec or a similar system, as the other people have said. If I was you, I'd be praying that the crank doesn't walk.
http://i2.tinypic.com/23u3dl4.jpg

If you want to add more power, then look into a turbo back exhaust, larger FMIC, or even a larger turbo.

That is a funny pic, the infamous 4g63 crank walk....haha

SAG3
08-07-2006, 02:16 AM
you fail at cars

first of all, its VTEC and it stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. second of all, its a honda/acura thing.

dbhittin
08-07-2006, 04:04 AM
crank walk is overrated and honda aint **** without there vtec

TommytheCat
08-07-2006, 04:23 AM
This is quite possibly the dumbest thread ever posted on any forum in the history of the internet. I feel dumber having even looked at it.

DaveT
08-07-2006, 04:33 AM

i wont get into why in detail but its not a mod done for power gains in itself, its more of a supporting mod for a powerful setup
your telling me that a cooler denser air charge does not add power?:crazy:

04blackgmc
08-07-2006, 10:34 AM
im sorrry..

IrTehL33T@DBeez
08-07-2006, 11:00 AM
your telling me that a cooler denser air charge does not add power?:crazy:

only if the intercooler already in place cant cut the cake, maybe if theres a heatsoak problem. i understand where you're coming from with the cooler denser air charge but if you go from an intercooler thats still within its proper range of functionality, and upgrade to a larger intercooler you really didnt do anything except possibly increase pressure drop thats why i was saying its more of a supporting mod. cooler denser air is better though yes

DaveT
08-07-2006, 12:54 PM
ah ok I thought you meant no intercooler at all was better I just about **** my pants lol

IrTehL33T@DBeez
08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
ah ok I thought you meant no intercooler at all was better I just about **** my pants lol

noperz, sorry for the confusion there, high five for being one of like 4 people on this board that isnt a tard.

mannyb18b
08-07-2006, 05:42 PM

Ok there buddy:crazy: . Forgot boosted b18b's and b20b's aint ****

Tbusiness06
08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
i was asking because i saw a dohc mitsubishi motor with VTEC written on it in blue. didnt know it would be such a big deal. my bad

pwnt by pat
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Several years ago there was a variable timing gear made for the ABA volkswagen 2.0 engine. At idle, it had an advanced timing of +4*. As rpms climbed, timing retarded, until it hit -2*. All it was was some springs inside of the cam gear.

Franco gear I think is what it's called.

RandyJ
08-07-2006, 09:21 PM
only if the intercooler already in place cant cut the cake, maybe if theres a heatsoak problem. i understand where you're coming from with the cooler denser air charge but if you go from an intercooler thats still within its proper range of functionality, and upgrade to a larger intercooler you really didnt do anything except possibly increase pressure drop thats why i was saying its more of a supporting mod. cooler denser air is better though yes

You sir actually sound as if you have some sense in you. Cheerio!

I will be expecting nudies within the next three days.

joebangaa
08-09-2006, 12:13 AM
get a nissan and be over it ;)

smd4life
09-19-2006, 03:05 PM

yes, they do

smd4life
09-19-2006, 03:08 PM

you don't need vtec...buy this...
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2242551#post2242551

reneeb7363
09-19-2006, 03:17 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/

research -research -research

reneeb7363
09-19-2006, 03:20 PM

care to eat them words?

smd4life
09-19-2006, 03:21 PM
feed him...

bbka
09-19-2006, 04:11 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/

research -research -research

Haha the only useful info you will find there is if your thinking about getting a new set of wheels and you want to see pictures of what it will look like.

Honda-tech is full of retards...

reneeb7363
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Haha the only useful info you will find there is if your thinking about getting a new set of wheels and you want to see pictures of what it will look like.

Honda-tech is full of retards...

I guess if you dont know how to search forums it would seem a pretty simplistic site for a simple mind. :eyebrow:

like any forum.... including this one... you have to sift through the garbage to find the good content. You eventually know whose posts to watch for and you will gain knowledge if you just keep reading and NOT just look at the pictures! LOL!

IrTehL33T@DBeez
09-19-2006, 05:28 PM
yes, they do

alrite captain fvcko, how about you back that **** up a little bit if you're gonna say it? you bring up a thread that died over a month ago just to disagree with something i said, and i backed up ? you're a ****in tard. go play with the chemicals under the sink you waste of space. nice ****in obx manifold you're selling there, good job picking out the quality parts. next time try an ebay special manifold while you're at it. you prove to me that a larger intercooler in place of an intercooler still performing within its efficiency will add Any mother fvcking power you stupid fvck. all it does is the same ******* job, it will only be better if the one there isnt performing. dammit man ****in learn to read the rest of the posts, and dont say ohhh yeah if its intercooled it'll have more power than non intercooled cuz thats not at all what i said. prove me the fvck wrong, and while you're at it... how bout some actual specs on that turbo besides just t3/t4 hybrid... how bout compressor and turbine a/r's and some trims. name it, dont talk **** unless you know ****. i'll be waiting.

reneeb7363
09-19-2006, 05:31 PM
>>>>>> gently steps away and hides under the chair... :hide: ooops...

heyman421
09-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Several years ago there was a variable timing gear made for the ABA volkswagen 2.0 engine. At idle, it had an advanced timing of +4*. As rpms climbed, timing retarded, until it hit -2*. All it was was some springs inside of the cam gear.

Franco gear I think is what it's called.

since the 8v is a single cam, it wouldn't be quite the same.

you big gains come into play when you can vary your intake and exhaust timing independantly.

this simply sounds like a recipe for bad plug fouling between shifts.

bbka
09-19-2006, 06:34 PM
like any forum.... including this one... you have to sift through the garbage to find the good content. You eventually know whose posts to watch for and you will gain knowledge if you just keep reading and NOT just look at the pictures! LOL!

Yeah I know how to search, but what I'm saying is the info just *****. You can usually find specs on things, but it's hard to get a straight answer because everybody has a different one. You have to know the people you can believe and not believe, unfortunately for some random noob searching that can be very difficult.

Go to www.evans-tuning.com if you want GOOD info...

JimJ
09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
alrite captain fvcko, how about you back that **** up a little bit if you're gonna say it? you bring up a thread that died over a month ago just to disagree with something i said, and i backed up ? you're a ****in tard. go play with the chemicals under the sink you waste of space. nice ****in obx manifold you're selling there, good job picking out the quality parts. next time try an ebay special manifold while you're at it. you prove to me that a larger intercooler in place of an intercooler still performing within its efficiency will add Any mother fvcking power you stupid fvck. all it does is the same ******* job, it will only be better if the one there isnt performing. dammit man ****in learn to read the rest of the posts, and dont say ohhh yeah if its intercooled it'll have more power than non intercooled cuz thats not at all what i said. prove me the fvck wrong, and while you're at it... how bout some actual specs on that turbo besides just t3/t4 hybrid... how bout compressor and turbine a/r's and some trims. name it, dont talk **** unless you know ****. i'll be waiting.

Next post like that and you're gone...consider this a one-time public service announcement.

stealthcl
09-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah I know how to search, but what I'm saying is the info just *****. You can usually find specs on things, but it's hard to get a straight answer because everybody has a different one. You have to know the people you can believe and not believe, unfortunately for some random noob searching that can be very difficult.

:imstupid: .he knows what hes talking about.....dont mean to interupt this fun:popcorn:

reneeb7363
09-19-2006, 07:10 PM

thank you for the additional info! / link ! :D

reneeb7363
09-19-2006, 07:12 PM
ruh roh!.....someone rasied Jim's Hackles! LOL

smd4life
09-19-2006, 07:58 PM

what your saying is right...but what you said is wrong...i didn't pick out the obx manifold, nor the turbo, just the car for 400

i know nothing of the turbo other than what i was told, why bring that into this?

you said word for word--->>>"intercoolers don't add power"

so everyone should take there intercoolers off and throw them away? if a stock intercooler is doing the job, why replace it??? thats common scense

pwnt by pat
09-19-2006, 09:20 PM
since the 8v is a single cam, it wouldn't be quite the same.

you big gains come into play when you can vary your intake and exhaust timing independantly.

this simply sounds like a recipe for bad plug fouling between shifts.

Although not the same, it's still similar in practice. You don't get independant intake and exhaust valve timing, but you do get an advanced cam timing at low rpms and retarded timing at high rpms, with a nice, smooth, variable retardation inbetween.

All about getting more air in the engine when it's most needed, especially for those engines.

PV Audio
09-19-2006, 10:02 PM

You know, there are support groups....

bbka
09-20-2006, 11:53 AM
you said word for word--->>>"intercoolers don't add power"

so everyone should take there intercoolers off and throw them away? if a stock intercooler is doing the job, why replace it??? thats common scense

Actually he is kinda correct. Example, let's say you have a 2 intercoolers that are the same brand, type, design, etc... one can support 500whp and the other can support 700whp. If your only making 300whp and you have the smaller of the 2 intercoolers, getting the bigger intercooler won't make any difference. I think that's what he was trying to get at about the intercooler not adding power. All an intercooler is intended to do is cool the air down, so of course you car will have a little more power with it, but I wouldn't consider that a power adder. If it was 100 degrees outside one day and 70 degrees out the next day your car would have a little more power, would you consider a "colder day" a power adder? I sure wouldn't lol. Power adders are turbos, superchargers, and nitrous...

Here's a good article on intercoolers, since this thread is already way off topic... http://www.evans-tuning.com/tech4.html

smd4life
09-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Actually he is kinda correct. Example, let's say you have a 2 intercoolers that are the same brand, type, design, etc... one can support 500whp and the other can support 700whp. If your only making 300whp and you have the smaller of the 2 intercoolers, getting the bigger intercooler won't make any difference. I think that's what he was trying to get at about the intercooler not adding power. All an intercooler is intended to do is cool the air down, so of course you car will have a little more power with it, but I wouldn't consider that a power adder. If it was 100 degrees outside one day and 70 degrees out the next day your car would have a little more power, would you consider a "colder day" a power adder? I sure wouldn't lol. Power adders are turbos, superchargers, and nitrous...

Here's a good article on intercoolers, since this thread is already way off topic... http://www.evans-tuning.com/tech4.html

read the post, you misquoted me, read the part you didn't quote

i know what an intercooler does...what it's for, i was simply pointing out that what he HAD said in his first post was wrong

and your getting to technical with the colder day thing... you could say a turbo is a supporter as in it helps the air into the motor, air will go into the motor anyway so it just supporting

bbka
09-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Whatever dude, misquoted or not there's really nothing to argue. On the 1st page somebody else said "intercoolers don't add power", then you quoted him on the 2nd page and said "yes they do"... That's why I posted my last statement and gave a few examples. Just getting a bigger intercooler will do nothing if yours is perfectly efficient, hence why that guy said they don't add power. If you put an intercooler on a stock civic it will do nothing, but if you put a turbo on it will add power. Oh and using the power difference between a warm day and cold day is a very simple example if you ask me (defintely not too technical), it explains what an intercooler does pretty well. But yeah a turbo is a power adder, it forces air into the motor (it doesn't just help it), but I'm sure you know that. If you go to the track and the classes where they allow power adders, they would consider that a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous.

dleccord
09-20-2006, 03:51 PM
whatever. vetech is ****. they make fords go faster.

heyman421
09-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Although not the same, it's still similar in practice. You don't get independant intake and exhaust valve timing, but you do get an advanced cam timing at low rpms and retarded timing at high rpms, with a nice, smooth, variable retardation inbetween.

All about getting more air in the engine when it's most needed, especially for those engines.

xflow heads leave a lot to be desired

i'd kill a man for a drake 16v head for the ABA block

those things flow to like 8 grand and make almost 300hp n/a