PDA

View Full Version : FS: Antique pistol

DubbDesigns
08-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Iam sellin this antique pistol, most of you prolly already heard about it a while back when I was askin questions about it.
Here is the knowledge I have gained about it:
-It's an Iver Johnson .38 5 shot safety-hammerless revolver
-It has been kept in a hanging display case for almost 16 years (based on what I was told from people who gave it to me)
- It was made in 1898 therefore is legally classified as an antique.
- It has been reblued by a "real professional" (high quality finish or something) and has buffalo horn grips
- A gun collector told me that it was in good shape, and should be in good enough mechanical shape to shoot it, however I am afraid to shoot it since it's so old.
- Serial number starts with D42XXX

I can't remember the rest of the stuff I learned about it, but I will prolly remember later and post it.
It looks to be in real good condition, when i first saw it, I thought it was a fairly new gun.
I oiled it up after handling it so I wouldn't hurt the finish. Comes in the display case to hang on the wall.
Since it's an antique, don't believe have to have FFL or whatever to sell it (am I wrong?)

I am open to offers. Would like to trade for a .22 pistol ( if law permits me too, if not, my father will trade it ;) )

Here is a link (http://www.dubbdesigns.com/pistol.html) to some of the pics i took ( sorry about the quality )
If you want more pics, just hit me up wit a pm or something.

Loud3
08-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Gunbroker.com

DubbDesigns
08-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Gunbroker.com
yeah, I just figured I would try sellin it on here first, that way don't have to pay any auction fee's ;)

DubbDesigns
08-05-2006, 03:22 PM
bump0rz

nVRuckus
08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Iam sellin this antique pistol, most of you prolly already heard about it a while back when I was askin questions about it.
Here is the knowledge I have gained about it:
-It's an Iver Johnson .38 5 shot safety-hammerless revolver
-It has been kept in a hanging display case for almost 16 years (based on what I was told from people who gave it to me)
- It was made in 1898 therefore is legally classified as an antique.
- It has been reblued by a "real professional" (high quality finish or something) and has buffalo horn grips
- A gun collector told me that it was in good shape, and should be in good enough mechanical shape to shoot it, however I am afraid to shoot it since it's so old.
- Serial number starts with D42XXX

I can't remember the rest of the stuff I learned about it, but I will prolly remember later and post it.
It looks to be in real good condition, when i first saw it, I thought it was a fairly new gun.
I oiled it up after handling it so I wouldn't hurt the finish. Comes in the display case to hang on the wall.
Since it's an antique, don't believe have to have FFL or whatever to sell it (am I wrong?)

I am open to offers. Would like to trade for a .22 pistol ( if law permits me too, if not, my father will trade it ;) )

Here is a link (http://www.dubbdesigns.com/pistol.html) to some of the pics i took ( sorry about the quality )
If you want more pics, just hit me up wit a pm or something.

Yes you have to send through FFL if it has all the components to fire. There is a seperate FFL for firearms antiquity collectors. Price? though i have to say I have my doubts about the age of the piece if it is a 38 and looks as it does.

Railrocker
08-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Isnt it Black powder? I thought there were different laws regarding black powder. You might still need to send it through an FFL though if you know some well they are cheap some do it for free.

Railrocker
08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes you have to send through FFL if it has all the components to fire. There is a seperate FFL for firearms antiquity collectors. Price? though i have to say I have my doubts about the age of the piece if it is a 38 and looks as it does.

I helped him find some info on this firearm and from the serial number location and other identifying marks. I do believe it is an antique.

Chriscivic
08-05-2006, 04:13 PM
price?

nVRuckus
08-05-2006, 04:18 PM
I helped him find some info on this firearm and from the serial number location and other identifying marks. I do believe it is an antique.
I never seen a .38 from the 1800s

DubbDesigns
08-05-2006, 05:14 PM
it is made in 1898, there were about 33,000 of them made back then. Yes, I was told that it was black powder, I don't know if it will work with modern day smokeless ammo or not. I know some people who own a Pawn shop, so maybe I could do it through them if I have to.

The gun looks as nice as it does because I believe it was refinished. I took it to my uncle, which is a self proclaimed gun expert, and he said that whoever reblued it did a wonderful job because there are no runs or any signs of the refinish.
He told me that it was worth anywhere from $150-$250.
Make an offer, and I will go from there.

DubbDesigns
08-06-2006, 06:23 PM
I will take $150 +shipping (to FFL dealer if required, still not sure tho)

Anyone???

DubbDesigns
08-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Just found this: http://www.rawles.to/Pre-1899_FAQ.html

That leads me to believe that FFL dealer is not required

DubbDesigns
08-07-2006, 06:20 PM
It's pretty much sold now, I got it on www.antiqueguns.com as an auction.
First bid was $150 :D