PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Kick...

scarysoul
08-03-2006, 03:07 PM
planning to get the slc365 kick... i know the kick provide extra midbass... but what about the overall performance? does the kick still got the same clarity as the non-kick components?

3.5Max6spd
08-03-2006, 03:34 PM
planning to get the slc365 kick... i know the kick provide extra midbass... but what about the overall performance? does the kick still got the same clarity as the non-kick components?

In your case, theres no 'overall performance' to lose sleep over. You have a separate driver for each range going 3way.

Is the Kickbass driver capable of very nice midrange? yes...

But I believe a few bands of eq on hand could be needed. Reason? The lower frequencies boosted by cabin, reflections and door panel resonance can 'mask' your midrange. This stands true for any speaker. But because its a good efficiency, high Qts driver that will give you great performance in that range a good install/tuning is necessary to gets its very best overall performance.

The speaker is designed not as a dedicated midbass, but as a wide range driver. From my experience it has nice midrange. Very few drivers can excel wide range in the whole spectrum. Those that have nice midbass can yield poor midrange or not play high enough, those with colorful midrange can have less than stellar midbass. The kickbass drivers are designed to give you that upper range without sacrificing the midbass performance. As a dedicated midbass IMO is as good as it gets for 6.5" driver- good efficiency, high Qtc, good powerhandling..

scarysoul
08-04-2006, 05:47 AM
what about the germs? whats the difference between the CS265 & the CS465 other than the rms???

ndnbolla
08-04-2006, 10:27 AM
In your case, theres no 'overall performance' to lose sleep over. You have a separate driver for each range going 3way.

Is the Kickbass driver capable of very nice midrange? yes...

But I believe a few bands of eq on hand could be needed. Reason? The lower frequencies boosted by cabin, reflections and door panel resonance can 'mask' your midrange. This stands true for any speaker. But because its a good efficiency, high Qts driver that will give you great performance in that range a good install/tuning is necessary to gets its very best overall performance.

The speaker is designed not as a dedicated midbass, but as a wide range driver. From my experience it has nice midrange. Very few drivers can excel wide range in the whole spectrum. Those that have nice midbass can yield poor midrange or not play high enough, those with colorful midrange can have less than stellar midbass. The kickbass drivers are designed to give you that upper range without sacrificing the midbass performance. As a dedicated midbass IMO is as good as it gets for 6.5" driver- good efficiency, high Qtc, good powerhandling..

When you say dedicated, you mean to say that the 6.5" Kick only covers the mid range of 80 hz to whatever and lets the subwoofer take care of anything below it correct?

And by tuning, I can just use the equalizer settings on my Avic-Z1 right?

Flipx99
08-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I am wrong....nm

scarysoul
08-07-2006, 09:57 AM
what about the germs? whats the difference between the CS265 & the CS465 other than the rms???

bump!

headless
08-07-2006, 10:01 AM
The cs265 is a way (2 tweets, 2 6.5" woofers) set...the 465 has 2 tw. 4 6.5" woofers. Double mid drivers...thus the increase in watt handling (extra driver to push)