08-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Well...these....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/jewlike1/P1010202.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/jewlike1/P1010199.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/jewlike1/P1010201.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/jewlike1/P1010200.jpg

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 03:46 PM
the top pod will be painted either piano black or black cherry...and the midbass cabinet has to be blocked on the front and back then pollyed....

hope you like

Beat_Dominator
08-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Very interesting design there, is that an aperiodic (sp?) vent on the back?

Better tell me what's going to power them or I'll have to start stalking you! :sneaky:

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
LOL...yes I'm using the scan A/P vent with the 18W..... and as far as amplification..it will be all Nu Force ref 9's actively with a DEQX if I can ever get my Rainbow set sold lol....

mikeyboc
08-02-2006, 04:21 PM
wet myself . . . . . . . . yet again.

pwnt by pat
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
certanly interesting. cool looking at the very least

Beat_Dominator
08-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Nu Foce eh? Full range Class D...... you crazy man :p:

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
These are being made for my website...along with acouple other pair to show what I can do...but are up for sale when finished...the other pairs that will be made will have unique styling etc as well...and by then I hope to be up and running with the new business

The Nu Forces Ref 9's are insane...incredible control...crazy flat response...and very tiny...

djman37
08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
nice out of the box design. I've seen those tweets, what are they?

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
nice out of the box design. I've seen those tweets, what are they?

Thanks!!!

they are Genesis R1's which are based of the Scanspeak ring revs

Beat_Dominator
08-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Can I work in yer business?? :blush:

:p:

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Can I work in yer business?? :blush:

:p:

hell yes

Beat_Dominator
08-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Sweet. Full Dental?

thylantyr
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Attach those speakers to a Segway [base] and it would be ultra insane.

joetama
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Look interesting... Was there a reason you didn't leave the mid-range with the low range and then time align the tweeter? Also, are they calculated time aligned or is it just styling. Are you having any phase issues with the two coupling up in/out of phase? What are you thinking for cross-over points? Also, are you selling them as Active or are you going to build a passive cross-over system for them? It wouldn’t be a bad idea to put some type of protection on that tweeter and mid-range with some low end shelving. What kind of padding are you running into running them all active, meaning how many "db" on input are you running down or are you running it all flat? One last thing, is there a reason you didn't go with a normal vented enclosure for the low range?

Beat_Dominator
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Look interesting... Was there a reason you didn't leave the mid-range with the low range and then time align the tweeter? Also, are they calculated time aligned or is it just styling. Are you having any phase issues with the two coupling up in/out of phase? What are you thinking for cross-over points? Also, are you selling them as Active or are you going to build a passive cross-over system for them? It wouldn’t be a bad idea to put some type of protection on that tweeter and mid-range with some low end shelving. What kind of padding are you running into running them all active, meaning how many "db" on input are you running down or are you running it all flat? One last thing, is there a reason you didn't go with a normal vented enclosure for the low range?

:laugh: Got questions?

joetama
08-02-2006, 05:25 PM
:laugh: Got questions?

Well yea... I'm curious about that time-alignment/ phase because of the set back tweet and midrange and some of his other very unconventional choices... I don't mind unconventional I think it works better than "put it in a square old box" but I'm curious how much is style and how much is science… Sometimes style does work with science and sometime science is very stylish so I’m curious here… We can’t be shallow about our speakers, even if we are with our women… LOL, just kidding around there…..

JimJ
08-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Very impressive...

thylantyr
08-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Driver time alignment is an overrated concern as most drivers have their centers
offset only by miniscule amounts {inches} and it's not audible. I bet I can do a test where I offset
drivers by 'feet' and nobody would know as long as the SPL level is calibrated on each driver.
In this case, the artistry of the design is more important than silly inaudible technical issues :)

.. hurray Beer!.. [Red Stripe]

bumpin_blazer
08-02-2006, 07:05 PM
hammer will you adopt me and leave all your audio goodies to me in your will? i promise if i have you taken out it'll be in the utmost respect.

UndercoverPunk
08-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Driver time alignment is an overrated concern as most drivers have their centers
offset only by miniscule amounts {inches} and it's not audible. I bet I can do a test where I offset
drivers by 'feet' and nobody would know as long as the SPL level is calibrated on each driver.
In this case, the artistry of the design is more important than silly inaudible technical issues :)

I accept your challange... and your beer.

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 08:44 PM

Agreed.....though I did go ahead and align the VC anyways :p: ......that's the whole art of passive network design...is attenuation and level matching for a nice even response...but the design did take into consideration baffle step etc...just incase sombody wanted to comment....I have always lived by CYA....

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 09:01 PM
With preliminary listening...with out the 7's....and with the tweeter and 4 1st order, letting the 4 naturally roll off "which won't be the way the final revision is done" I must say that it has potential to have some of the best top end and midrange presentation I've heard to date...the speakers simply disappear...these aren't dynamic monsters by no means....that wasn't the intent....now not the next pair I'm building...but the pair after that will be borderline retarded

JimJ
08-02-2006, 09:28 PM
I bet EL34's running in push/pull would make those puppies scream, at least with a passive crossover network...:)

Any idea how much you'd be selling them for when completed?

Hebrew Hammer
08-02-2006, 09:37 PM
I bet EL34's running in push/pull would make those puppies scream, at least with a passive crossover network...:)

Any idea how much you'd be selling them for when completed?

now that sounds yummy.....not sure on cost...I'll have to figure total material and time once finished....

Basically..my company will build 1 off per job loudspeakers that tie in color, shape, texture etc and will blend into it's surroundings..but also use IMO some of the best drivers available once I do my buy in...this way I can give the sonic performance the husband wants...but also get the wife acceptance factor that most loudspeakers don't get....also work with interior deisgn and architecture firms to allow them to have another venue to be creative with....

djman37
08-02-2006, 09:59 PM
now that sounds yummy.....not sure on cost...I'll have to figure total material and time once finished....

Basically..my company will build 1 off per job loudspeakers that tie in color, shape, texture etc and will blend into it's surroundings..but also use IMO some of the best drivers available once I do my buy in...this way I can give the sonic performance the husband wants...but also get the wife acceptance factor that most loudspeakers don't get....also work with interior deisgn and architecture firms to allow them to have another venue to be creative with....

that one is always tough.
IF I could ever afford nice speakers for the house again, I'll hit you up.