PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Problems..

theSaiNtEX
08-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I recently bought 4 Pioneer TS-G670M for my '99 Nissan Altima. The installation went fine and everything but there seems to be quality issues when playing music at high volumes. Well, as of now I am using the stock head unit that came with the car because of money problems. But anyways, my problem is whenever I turn the volume up and there is bass it seems the speakers stop working for a split second then when there is another bass part it does it again. I was thinking that the current head unit can't handle the speakers? I mean the speakers can't be that bad. They sound alot better but for some reason the bass isn't really punching. Any ideas? Thanks alot!

wesl56
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
prolly wont get much out of those and a stock headunit :(

theSaiNtEX
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
prolly wont get much out of those and a stock headunit :(

So I should get a new head unit and it should sound better?

Newb 2 Sound
08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
What kind of H/U is it?

Mike

theSaiNtEX
08-03-2006, 02:02 AM
What kind of H/U is it?

Mike

Just the stock Nissan '99 Altima GXE H/U.

Prowler573
08-03-2006, 04:56 AM
I wouldn't imagine that OEM HU is doing those speakers much justice, unfortunately.

Would replacing the HU give you a truly appreciable difference? Sadly, probably not. Don't be fooled by the various HU offerings out there that boldly claim 50 watts or more per channel output. Those are peak ratings and in the real world those output ratings would rarely, if ever, be achieved.

If you're satisfied with the way the speakers sound excepting the performance lag at higher volumes then most likely a smallish outboard amp would do you more good than replacing the HU at this point.

theSaiNtEX
08-03-2006, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't imagine that OEM HU is doing those speakers much justice, unfortunately.

Would replacing the HU give you a truly appreciable difference? Sadly, probably not. Don't be fooled by the various HU offerings out there that boldly claim 50 watts or more per channel output. Those are peak ratings and in the real world those output ratings would rarely, if ever, be achieved.

If you're satisfied with the way the speakers sound excepting the performance lag at higher volumes then most likely a smallish outboard amp would do you more good than replacing the HU at this point.

Lol.... I don't know how to replace an outboard amp. I'm scared to replace **** like that. The thing is I don't really understand why the bass cancels out the sound when I turn the volume up? Is it because the H/U can't handle the wattage come from the speakers?

Hydrastas
08-03-2006, 05:09 PM
wattage doesn't come from the speakers, just go to walmart and get a cheap $50 amp to get the speakers moving with.

Hydrastas
08-03-2006, 05:14 PM
It sounds like the bass is canceling out the sound when you turn the volume up because the HU is clipping. Just getting a new HU would cost more than an amp, so just get a small amp and set the gains right and you shouldn't have that problem anymore.

theSaiNtEX
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Could someone please link me to one of these amps so I'm sure what to get? Thanks! :D