PDA

View Full Version : i need some new speakers

shadow363
08-01-2006, 08:56 PM
ok ive been looking to get some new speakers for my chevy tahoe 1996, i listen to a lot of different music and usually play it pretty loud. the sizes i need are either 5 1/4 or 6 1/2. i perfer componet and ill also need an amp. price range i suppose around 550 for both give or take. links for the speakers or amps will be very helpful.
thanks

audiobahnuser18
08-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Well man since it looks like your new to this cause i see you've only posted 4 posts ill help u out some good companys to check out alpine , pioneer , audiobahn infinity , kicker some companys to stay the *** away from kenwood , sony xplode cause thats all they do is xplode but check out these links

www.woofersetc.com

www.crutchfield.com

See if any those will help ya man if you got any questions just pm me or post back up on here

* In a bandpass box with plexi glass over the top with 4 port holes
*Sony Headunit one of the better ones but will upgrade soon
*bouston acoustic 6x9's 350 watts a a piece
*Amp Still waiting on either gonna be 1200 watt amp or 900 Leaning toward Rockford Fosegate

fruggy
08-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Well man since it looks like your new to this cause i see you've only posted 4 posts ill help u out some good companys to check out alpine , pioneer , audiobahn infinity , kicker some companys to stay the *** away from kenwood , sony xplode cause thats all they do is xplode but check out these links

www.woofersetc.com

www.crutchfield.com

See if any those will help ya man if you got any questions just pm me or post back up on here
with a budget of 550 i dont think he should be looking at the brands you recomended.I wouldent look at most of those companys for speakers anyways.Take a look at cdt,focal,everybody seems to like rainbow speakers around here as well.
* In a bandpass box with plexi glass over the top with 4 port holes
*Sony Headunit one of the better ones but will upgrade soon
*bouston acoustic 6x9's 350 watts a a piece
*Amp Still waiting on either gonna be 1200 watt amp or 900 Leaning toward Rockford Fosegate

with a budget of 550 i dont think he should be looking at the brands you recomended.I wouldent look at most of those companys for speakers anyways.Take a look at cdt,focal,everybody seems to like rainbow speakers around here as well.

96civ
08-12-2006, 04:25 AM
x2.

As far as amps go, if you don't mind going passive Profile amps are good and not pricey at all... mine is 160WRMS x 2 @ 4 ohms and only cost me $96

90accordman
08-12-2006, 04:28 AM
ebay for a Planet audio 4 channel amp and some Focal Access V2

Hoodlum007
08-12-2006, 11:18 AM
comps
http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=4609
or
http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=4691
or

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=4630
amp

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428

:yumyum:

Hoodlum007
08-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Sorry i put the wrong link, for one of those cdt components i wanted to link the set with the silk tweeters i did the one with the titanuim tweeters. Get silk they are not as bright and screaming as titanuims

jaycross
08-13-2006, 04:32 PM
some companys to stay the *** away from kenwood , sony xplode cause thats all they do is xplode

couldnt have said it better myself my cousin had my blazer before me and he put a sony xplod HU in and ill admit it looks cool but it decides whether it wants to work or not (which isnt very handy when driving) ;) but listen to these guys they know what their talkin about
:D