PDA

View Full Version : all i want is a ridiculous amount of kick in the 80-120 hz range

04silverz
07-31-2006, 09:04 PM
what do i need to do
not sure i want to go active, actually i dont
probably dont hvae the install skills nor the motivation to do it myself for a 3 way setup
car is a 2000 tahoe
willing to spend a pretty good amoutn, up to 7, but preferably less
looking for a good snap/punch on those kcik drums
have 175 rms to work with at 4 ohm
dont mind modding my doors, actually kinda considering running either a 7 or 8 as part of a 2 way setup

theothermike
07-31-2006, 09:08 PM
germaniums with dual midbass 1 in kick 1 in door with tweeter in kick?

that be around 650 i bet it would be just what u looking for.

and u wont need to sacrafice the whole sound as itself for the midbass sound it will all blend nicely i bet

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=17&art=231539

crazy nice set

mike

jacka
07-31-2006, 09:15 PM
i dont think he wants to do a three way set. maybe the powerline cmx kick's will do?

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=6&art=231427

kick version will give you a boost in midbass

FoxPro5
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Extremis!

springy101
07-31-2006, 10:31 PM
10" subs in the doors?

DBfan187
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
10" subs in the doors?why on earth would you have a sub play that high?

ravendarat
07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
why on earth would you have a sub play that high?

Provided the right driver, enclosure and crossover are used there is nothing wrong with it. however being he figured his install skills wouldnt allow him to do 3 way active I think its safe to say the 10 inch door speaker is too much

Starky
07-31-2006, 10:51 PM
germaniums with dual midbass 1 in kick 1 in door with tweeter in kick?

that be around 650 i bet it would be just what u looking for.

and u wont need to sacrafice the whole sound as itself for the midbass sound it will all blend nicely i bet

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=17&art=231539

crazy nice set

mike

Thats actually dual Mid Ranges, I have that set, actually expecting to have a Dedicated Midbass, but it aint

headless
08-01-2006, 08:52 AM
4 (2 extra) germanium woofers would provide some serious kick.

3.5Max6spd
08-01-2006, 09:31 AM
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/files/dynamic/downloads/rainbow_kickbass_forever_en.pdf

04silverz
08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/files/dynamic/downloads/rainbow_kickbass_forever_en.pdf
from talking to 6spd he seems to think the kcik bass versoins dont offer much for the added dollar increaes. the 4 woofer system kinda intrigues me.
according to the bottom of that article there is a slc 2x2 version, but i dont see it on the site. maybne some insight from 6spd on this?

mattmcss
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
10" subs in the doors?

I like this idea

AA Poly mids ?

Starky
08-01-2006, 06:02 PM

Yes Ive seen that, and I was expecting the Germaniums to be like that, but they arent, they only have Dedicated Midbass if it says "Kick"after the name of the speaker I guess

Starky
08-01-2006, 07:02 PM
To clear all the PM's up Ive been getting....I am Very happy with My Germs they sound amazingly clear and detailed. As for Midbass, its decent, for each side I have one in a kick and one in the door...the door isn't deadened (taboo I know)...And I did just drop them to 80 Hz today (from 100) maybe I'll notice more Midbass

04silverz
08-01-2006, 07:24 PM
anyone know anything about the 4 woofer slc set?

ravendarat
08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I dunno, I bought a set of 6 inch infinity components and a set of 5 1/4 infinity components and made by own 3 way crossover set. 6 in the kick with the 5 1/4 and tweet in the door and by amped and it was all good in the end

SQBubble
08-01-2006, 09:45 PM
To clear all the PM's up Ive been getting....I am Very happy with My Germs they sound amazingly clear and detailed. As for Midbass, its decent, for each side I have one in a kick and one in the door...the door isn't deadened (taboo I know)...And I did just drop them to 80 Hz today (from 100) maybe I'll notice more Midbass

maybe u got some holes in ur door so it fu*k up the midbass badly just like me??

Starky
08-01-2006, 10:18 PM
quite possibly

6spdcoupe
08-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Two things about the lack of midbass with your set...

Deadening is your friend, it will help ALOT. Especially if theres any gapping issues thats letting anything 'escape'.

Break in, while they may sound good, they will loosen up a bit and allow to go lower once broken in a bit. Let em stretch then do their thing.

I can make suggestions, but no point in spending more coin if you already have a good set of drivers. Invest that coin into some serious deadening. Theres a member here that took a few trophies at regional events held by USACi (including Texas Hetawave) with just the standard set of Germs....

04silverz
08-02-2006, 05:06 AM
i dont think anyone is questioning the sq of the germs necesarily.
but for me persobnally im just trying to get the best midbass responsei can whether it be rainbow or someone else

3.5Max6spd
08-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes Ive seen that, and I was expecting the Germaniums to be like that, but they arent, they only have Dedicated Midbass if it says "Kick"after the name of the speaker I guess

If you want a dedicated midbass, you get a '3WAY' set. A 2 x 2 set only adds another driver to run the same range as the other driver. You can however run the extra set of mids to whatever frequencies you want actively,just not with the passive xover.

As far as midbass performance, if you cant drop those mids below 100hz and dont have deadened doors theres really no room to comment on their performance as you havent put your end into the install.

6spdcoupe
08-02-2006, 08:40 AM
i dont think anyone is questioning the sq of the germs necesarily.
but for me persobnally im just trying to get the best midbass responsei can whether it be rainbow or someone else

Thats why I said:

Deadening is your friend, it will help ALOT. Especially if theres any gapping issues thats letting anything 'escape'.

3.5Max6spd
08-02-2006, 08:42 AM
from talking to 6spd he seems to think the kcik bass versoins dont offer much for the added dollar increaes. the 4 woofer system kinda intrigues me.
according to the bottom of that article there is a slc 2x2 version, but i dont see it on the site. maybne some insight from 6spd on this?

Based on your thread title and your requirements to one driver up to 7", the Kickbass drivers perfectly fit your scenario.

They are designed to provide that kick of 80-160hz optimally at a high q factor, for the lifetime of the driver with little to no degradation- perfect for doors.

6spdcoupe
08-02-2006, 08:46 AM

Bearing in mind what you original asked for, as well as jumping up to a Profi/ProfiVanadium line, in which case substantially more money. You initially wanted to be 'loud' and a ton of front stage, not specifically looking for something along the lines of the kickbass drivers.

SQChevy
08-02-2006, 11:21 AM
You could always place a 8" sealed/ported sub in the front console to cover those frequencies. Otherwise you would want 7" drivers to effectively hit that range.

SkwurlyFab
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
In a "3 way" set up with a mid range, tweet, and mid bass speaker, what would be the best locations for the speakers? mid range in a kickpod, mid bass in the door, and tweeter either in the kick or in the a pillar depending on preference? Or is it some other way around?

04silverz
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Bearing in mind what you original asked for, as well as jumping up to a Profi/ProfiVanadium line, in which case substantially more money. You initially wanted to be 'loud' and a ton of front stage, not specifically looking for something along the lines of the kickbass drivers.
so slc kicks or profi kicks seem to be the option

hmm i wonder what the price is on the profi kicks....

JoeHemi57
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
so slc kicks or profi kicks seem to be the option

hmm i wonder what the price is on the profi kicks....
probably 4-5 times as much as SLC's

Johnny Drama
08-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Extremis!

Bingo!

6spdcoupe
08-02-2006, 05:22 PM
probably 4-5 times as much as SLC's

Nah only about 2.5 ;)

Towncar
08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
You may want to consider the jbl gti beasts. Great set here.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLC608GTI?vq_id=none

Towncar
08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
edit

04silverz
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
You may want to consider the jbl gti beasts. Great set here.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLC608GTI?vq_id=none
only thing that makes me nervous about these is the tweet

otherwise i'd give them a shot

edit:didnt bother to search but does anyone know anything about a/d/s

superdooperman
08-02-2006, 09:23 PM
darrrrr double post

superdooperman
08-02-2006, 09:24 PM

I demo'd a set of a/d/s 246ix's at a local shop and I thought they sounded nice. The tweet had a very natural sound. Cant really judge the midbass much since they were in a display case, but they had a nice snap to them. Flashy looking, but all in all theres definately better speakers out there then the a/d/s's I heard.

So I opted to "follow the rainbow" and ended up with a set of SLC's.

Towncar
08-02-2006, 10:33 PM

Tweet actually isnt to bad on that set at all. Very nice sounding set, and they can handle some serious power.

04silverz
08-03-2006, 05:31 AM
i have been really intrigued by thta set for a whel now
if sd had them in stock they'd be more of a consideration, and they definitely fall into my 175 watt range. and im sure would beg for more

Towncar
08-03-2006, 11:51 AM
i have been really intrigued by thta set for a whel now
if sd had them in stock they'd be more of a consideration, and they definitely fall into my 175 watt range. and im sure would beg for more

Indeed, they are a power hungry set.

brypink
08-03-2006, 08:02 PM
If you want great midbass that can get loud and with ease of install (drop and play)...Rainbow PowerLines CS 275.27. Only if your budget allows though. :naughty:

Deaden your doors.

04silverz
08-03-2006, 09:06 PM
If you want great midbass that can get loud and with ease of install (drop and play)...Rainbow PowerLines CS 275.27. Only if your budget allows though. :naughty:

Deaden your doors.
honestly i could buy them but i could never spend that much money. well i could but im tryig to pay downmy car loan rightnow so...
don, any way i could getinfo on those profi kicks....