PDA

View Full Version : Computer surround sound help

99gtxgolfer
07-30-2006, 09:41 PM
i bought Panasonic suround sound system and i have it hooked up to my receiver via mini to RCA. when i set my reciever to AUX i have sound but the sound only comes out of one front speaker and the sub. Y wont sound come out of all speakers? or at least the 2 front and sub? Its a Panasonic SC-HT740. any info would be a huge help!! thanks

joetama
07-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Ok, does sound normally come through both channels if yes move on to next statment. If no, go to start do not collect $200....

When you swap the channels (L->R and R->L) does the problem fallow? Also, are you making sure that you have it hooked up correctly to the L&R inputs? And are you sure that your source is sending both a L&R signal??

99gtxgolfer
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
All The Cables Are Hooked Up Correctly. When I Play A Dvd All Of The Speakers Work, Its Just When I Switch It To Aux Mode. Im Thinking That It Might Be The Mini To Rca Cable. ???

joetama
07-31-2006, 04:34 PM
It could be make sure you have a stereo mini to RCA cable because if you were running mono you might have this problem....

Megalomaniac
08-14-2006, 10:40 PM
if you have this hooked to your computer i dont think you'll get surround sound,because like my sound card and my logitech x530 you have to hook up a green orange and a black wire to get true surround sound.