PDA

View Full Version : viper 971xv install?

MiSeRy
07-29-2006, 10:07 PM
i ordered a viper 971xv alarm from HCCAfan.i called my local audio shop
(world hi fi) and they will not install the alarm bc i didnt buy it from them and it is an all day install they said :mad:.so my next option is to go to another town. i called best buy and they said they would install it, but i couldnt get a quote right then bc the person i talked to was just watching the desk. is this something i would not wanna let best buy do? should i go to another audio shop? im not familiar with any other audio shops in middle georgia, so i dont know how they would do! opinions? :thankyou:

HCCAfan
07-29-2006, 11:43 PM
best buy will charge between 150-200, plus any parts needed (bypass, options, etc).

MiSeRy
07-29-2006, 11:48 PM
but will they do a clean install, and the know how? lol. i also wanna get a proxy sensor and add a few piezo sirens. i just want em to do a good job and hide wires and brain. My wife had a cd player installed at the best buy im speaking of and then had a problem with her car so she took it to the dealer and they said take it back to best buy so they can hook it up right. the dealer even had to tell them what the problem was!

HCCAfan
07-30-2006, 12:09 AM
best buy is an authorized dealer of viper, so i am guessing they have done a few before.

Chevillac
07-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Thats pretty good, the best buy CC, and all those places around here wouldnt do it if you didnt buy it from them.

M@nJo
07-30-2006, 12:17 AM
its hard to say if bb or cc will do a good install. some bb/cc can have a garage full of morons while some locations will have actual professional background expierence.

i bought my viper from hccafan as well and brought it to cc. i had a buddy that worked in the car audio installs and he did it for free. but i wouldnt say it was the best install because wires were still shown and im sure anyone would catch which wires goes to the alarm just by opening the bottom panel on the drivers side seat. but i cant complain since it was a free install.