PDA

View Full Version : winISD help needed...

Badfastbusa
07-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Ok, i am new at this and needing some help with parameters...

to start with, does anyone happen to have a file or what ever that they could send me that would just input the right parameters like all of the woofers that are already on the program? I am needing the parameters for a alpine 1242 type-r, and it isn't already on the copy that i downloaded which really *****... i think they have every darn audiobaun sub known to man on there, but no alpine type-r's WTF???

someone please hook me up somehow... i want to get started learning this so i can start designing enclosures for everyone and myself... as of now, i am LOST!

helotaxi
07-29-2006, 09:39 AM
You can download the specs for that sub off the Alpine website. From there open the program press Ctrl+D and click New at the bottom of the window that pops up. Enter the downloaded parameters and you're gtg.

Badfastbusa
07-29-2006, 11:18 AM
i figured i would catch someone on here that might just have a file already done and saved for type-R 1242's so i don't screw anything up.

helotaxi
07-29-2006, 11:37 AM
It's pretty hard to screw it up...

I enter the T/S parameters for pretty much every sub I come across for future use. I don't have the Type R though. In the time you spent waiting for a response you could have the manual downloaded and input the stuff into Win ISD, have spent some time playing with the enclosure design and had it figured out.

Badfastbusa
07-29-2006, 01:08 PM
i have the manual which has a lot of the parameters but not all of them... thats what i was worried about.

helotaxi
07-29-2006, 04:09 PM
i have the manual which has a lot of the parameters but not all of them... thats what i was worried about.
What do you need? WinISD doesn't need Le or BL to work correctly.

Badfastbusa
07-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't know what these are:
Mms
Cms
Rms (is this just the RMS like watts of the sub?)
Re (i don't know what to put here because i have 4ohm DVC subs wired to 2ohm)
Bl
Dd
Le
Sd (mine is 480mm Cm^2, it asks for in^2)
fLe
kLe
Hc
Hg
Vd
Xlim
Pe
no
Znom
USPL
SPL

I don't know any of the advanced parameters, and my dimensions are in "mm" and fractions and i dont have a clue how to make them decimals for "in", as you can see, i am having hell.
these are the dimensions that it says on the manual:
320mm
25.21mm
195.1mm
162mm
275mm
my manual don't have:
magnet depth
I don't have a clue what these are either:
VCd
Dvol (which is in^3)

Badfastbusa
07-29-2006, 08:23 PM
ttt, any help would be great... i have spelled out everything that i don't know about.

Demi
07-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Im having the EXACT same problem for my 10" type-Rs. I dont have a clue what any of those are or where to find that information.

Badfastbusa
07-29-2006, 09:06 PM
well i found an online calculator that will help with converting the mm to in... here is the link, hope that helps you out a little also:
http://mg-jewelry.com/mmtoinches.html

96civ
07-29-2006, 09:26 PM
My problem is that it will only input Vas, Fs, and Qts... nothing else. If I put something else in there an error dialog box comes up saying I need to change the values of like Qes, Smax, etc..

DBfan187
07-29-2006, 10:09 PM
didn't have 1242's but I have the 1214's.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2404/untitleddx5.th.png (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitleddx5.png)

DBfan187
07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
My problem is that it will only input Vas, Fs, and Qts... nothing else. If I put something else in there an error dialog box comes up saying I need to change the values of like Qes, Smax, etc..read the help file, there's a certain order you have to enter the parameters in.

helotaxi
07-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Mms-moving mass. DOn't worry about it.
Cms-suspension compliance. Don't worry about it.
Rms (is this just the RMS like watts of the sub?)
Re (i don't know what to put here because i have 4ohm DVC subs wired to 2ohm)-Re is generally stated with the coils wired in series.
Bl-motor strength. There's a spot for it in WinISD
Dd-Driver diameter
Le-voicecoil inductance. Spot for it in Win ISD
Sd (mine is 480mm Cm^2, it asks for in^2)-click on any unit in WinISD and it will change units. Click through until it displays the unit you need.
fLe-don't know so it isn't important
kLe-see above, both have something to do with inductance though
Hc-not important
Hg-not important
Vd-driver displacement
Xlim-the smaller of Xmag or Xmech or Xsus. Basically the maximum usable excursion of the driver
Pe-power handling
no-???
Znom-Nominal impedance
USPL-who knows
SPL-sensitivity

I don't know any of the advanced parameters, and my dimensions are in "mm" and fractions and i dont have a clue how to make them decimals for "in", as you can see, i am having hell.
these are the dimensions that it says on the manual:
320mm
25.21mm
195.1mm
162mm
275mmDivide by 25.4 to convert mm to in. Divide any decimal remainder inch by 0.0625 to get 1/16"

my manual don't have:
magnet depthSet the sub on the table and measure from the table to the bottom of the mounting flange.

I don't have a clue what these are either:
VCd
Dvol (which is in^3)Voice coil diamater and driver displacement.

Badfastbusa
07-30-2006, 01:25 AM
thank you very much for helping us out with that info... (i think) i pretty much got it all in there right... now i really don't have a clue LMAO

I don't know how to put in the box dimensions ect...

Thanks for the help so far... if you don't mind, walk me through this a little...

I am trying to build/design the box now, how do i come to this point? these are the dimensions that i am wanting to build, how do i go about getting to there in this program?
8.8cuft
Tune at 32hz
60"wide
22"tall
it don't really matter how much depth there is, as long as the other 2 dimensions are correct.

I am determined to learn how to do this!

helotaxi
07-30-2006, 01:34 AM
If you want a certain final volume and you know two of the dimensions, the math is really easy. If you know what you are going to do as far as ports go, you can factor port displacement in up front as well. Don't forget about material thickness when figuring external vs. internal volume.

Badfastbusa
07-30-2006, 01:51 AM
i am going to be using 3/4mdf, 8.8 which equals to 2.2cuft per sub is what i want to end up with, and i will be using allthread for bracing so there should be very little loss in displacement... i am going with 4 type-r 12's which equals a displacement of .284 total for the subs.

the thing is, i really want to do 1 long port all the way across the top of the box... i know this will need a good bit of bracing but i am going to be showing also so it needs to look cool as well as hammer...

This is what i have in mind:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/96mustang_james/Box.jpg

OR
I really like this one also that mobeious designed for me but it isn't tall enough, how would i go about making the box taller? how would i need to compensate with the port length? would i just take the length that i go taller away from the elbow in the port?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/96mustang_james/box_950872.jpg

Lowjacker
07-30-2006, 02:08 AM
in winisd at any point where you're entering measurements or specifications right next to the box where you enter the numbers it has the measurement type....(ie. in., mm, cm)....that little indicator is in blue and if you click on it you can change it to match what you're wanting......if it says mm and you want inches....just click on the mm until it says in

Badfastbusa
07-30-2006, 02:29 AM
yeah, i got that one worked out already but thank you very much for the reply.

Badfastbusa
07-30-2006, 01:32 PM
ttt