PDA

View Full Version : second thoughts about car purchase

PepsiFiend69
07-28-2006, 05:20 PM
ok, im looking into getting a new car, my taurus just isn't cutting with the gas milage, and im just not liking it, it's had alot of problems lately especially for it only being 4 years old:rolleyes: ok... so heres what i have in mind...

heres the deal, i can easily get 4500 for my car on a trade in, and i have ~$2000 to add to that with a down payment, i can afford to finance no more than $10,000
car's im considering will be stick, and availibility to fit a Double-Din screen are a definate plus. Im not really concerned performance wise, just want a , reliable, good commuter, that gets decent gas milage.

-03-04 "certified pre-owned" Volkswagon golf.

it would have to be black, stick, and under 50k miles.

also, can you fit a double-din screen in the dash? accoring to crutchfield.com you can't, but owners of them have told me you can. can i get that for sure? i bet AZbass knows lol.

ok, i know im gonna get flamed for this, but

-06 scion xb.

I really fell in love with these when they came out, sill have no idea why lol 34 MPG CITY

would be also stick, brand new, with 18" TRD rim option. also comes standard with 7 year 100,000 mile warranty

good thing about this would be, is that because of the "true pricing" i could get 1500 more than KBB value on a trade in for my car.

-06 volkswagon Rabbit

about the same price as a Scion Xb.

My origional plan was to go with the scion, but ive been having second thoughts lately.

can anyone help me out please?

please don't flame me for the scion, i know no one likes them.

AcidicDreams
07-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Volkswagons are for chicks.... even the xB is cooler than anything VW makes... except their commercials.... in any case get something else... all those suggestions **** ***

JoeHemi57
07-28-2006, 05:26 PM
i'm looking at a jetta gli and considered the 4dr rabbit too. i've seen some xb's that looked ok but the motor is just too weak for my taste.

PepsiFiend69
07-28-2006, 05:26 PM
EDIT: possibly add 04-05 civic to the list too gas milage FTW

AcidicDreams
07-28-2006, 05:28 PM
EDIT: possibly add 04-05 civic to the list too gas milage FTW

civics are a good choice... why not get something a tad older and get a nicer car like an accord....

PepsiFiend69
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
civics are a good choice... why not get something a tad older and get a nicer car like an accord....

well my car now has 45,000 miles on it, and its had so many problems. im sick of taking it in, it's been in 4 times in the past 3 months, AND ITS ONLY 4 years old!!

so i want something with less miles than that, and new than an 03'

Eugenics
07-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Volkswagons are for chicks.... even the xB is cooler than anything VW makes... except their commercials.... in any case get something else... all those suggestions **** ***

You think VW's are a chick car? yet you recommend a civic? And compare the xB to anything VW has ever made?

Pull your head out of your ***, i recommend the two handed technique. Once you get it out, I recommend wearing sunglasses for at least 48 hours as it is quite bright here on the outside

PepsiFiend69
07-28-2006, 05:50 PM
You think VW's are a chick car? yet you recommend a civic? And compare the xB to anything VW has ever made?

Pull your head out of your ***, i recommend the two handed technique. Once you get it out, I recommend wearing sunglasses for at least 48 hours as it is quite bright here on the outside

YESSSSS

sig material FTW.

bigbangtheory
07-29-2006, 12:21 PM

HAHA! One of your best eugene!

I have to agree as well. Personally me I love the new Civics and I like most of the new Volkswagons. I would look into those new Rabbits. Pretty slick looking with the PIAA bodykit and 17" rims. I would love to trade in my Focus for it, but I just got it. :(

PepsiFiend69
07-29-2006, 03:30 PM
bump up

azbass
07-30-2006, 04:17 AM
id say a rabbit, or a tdi golf.

bumpinne0n
07-30-2006, 04:34 AM

I lol'd.

I'd probably go with the VW Rabbit. I think it looks a lot better then the Scion, it kinda looks like a Mazda 3 hatch.

DARKHART
07-30-2006, 04:53 AM
You're not going to go wrong with either the Honda or the Toyota(Scion), but more importantly buy what YOU LIKE and what works best for your budget and situation and to hell with what everyone else thinks because in the end you are the one that will have to pay for it and live with it.........:D :D :D

dkmesa
07-30-2006, 04:59 AM
chevy aveo ftw, lol

Get a Honda Fit, cute as a MF button

iamamp3pimp
07-30-2006, 05:04 AM
srt4.

bumpin_blazer
07-30-2006, 10:15 PM
tdi golf or jetta is my recommendation. you can't beat the MPG of one of them.

bumpin_blazer
07-30-2006, 10:16 PM
srt4.

small, understeering dodge, need i say more:D.

iamamp3pimp
07-30-2006, 10:33 PM
its still fast.

PepsiFiend69
07-30-2006, 10:46 PM
its still fast.

no matter how you dress it up, it's still a neon :crap:

bumpinne0n
07-31-2006, 01:17 AM
no matter how you dress it up, it's still a neon :crap:

Yep, it is. Just like how an Evo is still a Lancer, WRX STi is still an Impreza, Cobra is still a Mustang, a Trans-Am WS6 is still a Firebird. All those cars can be fast but they're all based on an entry level car.

small, understeering dodge, need i say more.

Small, fast, affordable, staged performance and suspension upgrades straight from the manufacturer, does 150+ stock, can be found for $14K+ depending on miles and year. Need I say more :D?

bumpin_blazer
07-31-2006, 01:27 AM
comparing an Evo to a lancer isn't all that good of a comparison. the Evo is a complete redesign of the Lancer. you're talking FWD vs. AWD.

SRT4 is a pile of ****. 2 friends owned one 1 had his tranny go the other just couldn't stand the fact that the cd player never worked right or the a/c went out and it's just ****. 14k no wonder.

bumpinne0n
07-31-2006, 02:13 AM
comparing an Evo to a lancer isn't all that good of a comparison. the Evo is a complete redesign of the Lancer. you're talking FWD vs. AWD.

Engine, transmission, drivetrain and suspension wise, the Evo is a complete redesign. However, so is the SRT-4. That's what I was trying to say, all the cars I've mentioned are all redesigns of a lower-end model. The SRT-4 is FWD to help keep it affordable.

SRT4 is a pile of ****. 2 friends owned one 1 had his tranny go the other just couldn't stand the fact that the cd player never worked right or the a/c went out and it's just ****. 14k no wonder.

What year was the car with the tranny problem? Care to describe the problem? There are quite a few people with 80K+ and some with over 100K without any major problems. Evo's have problems with the transmissions but I wouldn't call them all ****. All cars are going to have problems, just because you know 2 people that have had problems doesn't mean they're all ****.

I guess I'm at an advantage because my parents are dealers so that lets me mess with different cars and stuff. We've sold a few SRT-4s to a local Dodge dealer and as far as I know, they've sold great and there haven't been any major problems.

bumpin_blazer
07-31-2006, 02:34 AM
1 the clutch plate went out on, the other was 5th gear kept slipping out on it. evo suspension is suposedly upgraded from the lancer to evo. i know the car i'm getting the only like things to it's lower models are the body. different transmission, brake's, suspension, drivetrain, engine(not just the turbo's it's been built with different parts). mine might be rare though.

bumpinne0n
07-31-2006, 02:51 AM
1 the clutch plate went out on, the other was 5th gear kept slipping out on it. evo suspension is suposedly upgraded from the lancer to evo. i know the car i'm getting the only like things to it's lower models are the body. different transmission, brake's, suspension, drivetrain, engine(not just the turbo's it's been built with different parts). mine might be rare though.

Yeah, I said that about the suspension on the Evo.

Are you getting a Mazdaspeed 6?

Maybe I can explain this a different way. Remember the Mazdaspeed Protege a few years ago? Mazda didn't design a completely different car (chassis, etc) they just changed the current Protege, the engine, drivetrain, etc. That's the point I'm trying to get across, it's still a Protege. Same thing goes for the Evo, STi, Cobra and the others. Ford didn't redesign a car and call it a Ford Cobra, they used the Mustang body with a different engine, suspension, etc.

The car you're getting is based off a Mazda 6. Mazda didn't design a completely different car so they could put the different wheels, transmission, brakes, suspension, drivetrain and engine into it. That's the point I've been trying to get across this whole thread.

bumpin_blazer
07-31-2006, 03:01 AM
i know i've gotten it lol. i'm just saying certain car's don't change much, other's change all but the shell.