PDA

View Full Version : Sealed box with Aeroports?

OoMesKoO
07-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello. I currently have a good size, pretty good construction, sealed box for my 2 12" Type Rs. Now, my question is, instead of building an all new box... couldnt i just add aeroports to my sealed box and be alright? Exact Dimensions of the box are 34" x 14" x 14". Figured id ask!

Thanks guys!
Bradd

mikeyboc
07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
When you add the aeroports they will decrease the volume of the enclosure (if they are on the inside of course, if they are on the outside, just build a new box because that lokos like *** IMO). It should be able to be done, but it really depends on the volume of the box on how it will be performance wise.

linvillegorge
07-27-2006, 05:27 PM
I think you should get dual aeroports and fire them upward to look like the cool guys who put stacks on their big trucks!

In all seriousness, that box is too small to port for 2 Type Rs. Assuming it is made with 3/4" MDF, your internal volume is just shy of 3 cubic feet, not counting sub displacement. That's fine for sealed, but for ported you'd need quite a bit more.

OoMesKoO
07-27-2006, 05:45 PM
lol... Thanks guys! To the drawing board now!

SuperTrooper
07-27-2006, 07:12 PM
How about one that the outside demesions are 38" lenth and 17" height and 24" deep. Made with 3/4 MDF. For 2 - 12" L7's (06's). I made a decent sealed but sounds like azz. Way to big I assume. It was my first box build. I lost my virginity. Adding some 4" ports you think might work? I already have a vented for my L7's but hate to see this box go to waste. Some advice pleeze....

linvillegorge
07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
I think that box would be about right for a ported box for two 12" L7s. That works out to be in the neighborhood of 7.3 cubic feet. Minus sub volume and port volume, you should still be in the neighborhood of 5 cubic feet or so after port volume depending on how you want to port. You'd save some space by going with aeroports. I'm getting ready to build a box with dual 3" slot vents for my 2 12L7s. It's going to be 48" wide, 21" tall, and 17" deep tuned at 32MHz, subwoofers and ports firing upward. We'll see how it turns out.

SuperTrooper
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Cool, Thanks for the info. Good luck with your box.