PDA

View Full Version : i need some questions ansered by some1 who really knows there ****!

userpooh413
07-26-2006, 05:45 PM
i went to a web site called www.realmofexcursion.com and went to videos **** the alpine type r subs were literly making the trunk jump up and down.so i have a 1995 4 dr dodge neon my back seats also fold down but id like 2 have them for extra passengers.1st question can some1 direct me to some1 who can design me a box i will pay for the help of corse.next question do any subs hit as hard as the alpine type r subs for around the same price.question 3 should i use 1-12 or 1-15 or 2-12s and last question is what would b a good amp to get thats not real expensive my main goal is to get my **** to pound as hard as possible.thanks

espguitarist91
07-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Heres the sticky at the top of this forums. Lots of box plans, and free.:) http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137804
I would do 2 12" type r's ported at mid 30's with 4-5 cu.ft. Whether the type r is the "best" for the price is a matter of personal opinion. Some people love them, others wont touch them. Search, and you will find A LOT of answers.
If you do get the R's, get dvc 4 ohm ones, wire it to 1 ohm, and find an amp that will do about 1400-1600 @ 1 ohm.

iamamp3pimp
07-26-2006, 06:07 PM
you have a long way to go.

Pm me for info. try azbass, i know its in az

thats all i know

theCybe
07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I refuse to sport the Type-R.

First step to big DB'z is not a subwoofer, it's a very large amp. :)

PSturmer
07-26-2006, 07:52 PM
i went to a web site called www.realmofexcursion.com and went to videos **** the alpine type r subs were literly making the trunk jump up and down.so i have a 1995 4 dr dodge neon my back seats also fold down but id like 2 have them for extra passengers.1st question can some1 direct me to some1 who can design me a box i will pay for the help of corse.next question do any subs hit as hard as the alpine type r subs for around the same price.question 3 should i use 1-12 or 1-15 or 2-12s and last question is what would b a good amp to get thats not real expensive my main goal is to get my **** to pound as hard as possible.thanks

hey man i have a type R right now and my trunk bumps hard. i can design and make you a box, and can guide you on your system. for the money the type R's are hard to beat. as for how many subs and what size, that depends on what kind of sound you want. as for the amp, hifonics is very good. here is a picture of my curent setup. my AIM is psturmer, we can talk on there. i will be on later tonight.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/psturmer/100_0852.jpg

AJē06
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
hey man i have a type R right now and my trunk bumps hard. i can design and make you a box, and can guide you on your system. for the money the type R's are hard to beat. as for how many subs and what size, that depends on what kind of sound you want. as for the amp, hifonics is very good. here is a picture of my curent setup. my AIM is psturmer, we can talk on there. i will be on later tonight.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/psturmer/100_0852.jpg

U gott it setup nicely. :) I see u finally got that amp... :D hehe

PSturmer
07-26-2006, 08:50 PM
lol yeah i did. i like me setup, for now