PDA

View Full Version : Tcab?

THXdts
07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
So what is the deal with these guys? I was gonna maybe buy a box from them..but when searching the forums I found bad things out about them? I can't fit together the whole story though? Or even if there is anything bad with these guys?

Astyl
07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
theres a guy that paid tcab in january, and still hasent received a box yet

/thread

woody89
07-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Plenty of other people on this site who can build you a nice box. Just ask around.

THXdts
07-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Plenty of other people on this site who can build you a nice box. Just ask around.
Yeah I have a thread going. I was just wondering about TCAB. Looks like I will be staying away from them.

Prowler573
07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Short version: There are some that will tell you that TCAB enclosures are the be all, end all of subwoofer boxes. There are others that disagree. THe fella that owns TCAB has such horrendous business practices that he was banned from this forum. Even his staunchest supporter, one of his teammates, has recently changed his tune and has said F*CK MARK.
/story

ibt inevitable l

mtdewelf
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM
i've seen some build pics from a Tcab that was pretty ugly :gross: but honestly alot weren't bad. Just ugly and alot of $ for that same *or maybe slightly better* then what you could get from basically anyone with any experiance

PV Audio
07-26-2006, 04:03 PM
You pay out the *** for "custom ports" and particle board. While I do admit that they are probably super loud, they aren't worth anything in my book.

Lakota
07-26-2006, 04:35 PM
You might as well build a box yourself and learn the process of making a good box.

bobby_7
07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
you can still get a box made from particle board from them, but they now use baltic birch wood for their enclosures. while i think they make some good boxes, i dont think they are quite worth the money. i had a quote for a 2 cube ported box with 2 4" ports using baltic birch wood and carpeted for $239 shipped. you can easily make that same exact box for less than $100. i dont know the exact prices on baltic birch, but im sure i could still build it for less than $100.

moral of the story: TCAB makes decent enclosures, but for less you can have someone here on the forum build you the same box, or for a lot less, you can do it yourself.

snb778
07-26-2006, 05:00 PM
search button, and you will find lotssssssssssssssss