PDA

View Full Version : Songs to show off components?

SuperBlack350z
07-25-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm trying to put a bunch of test songs on my ipod to really pimp out my girlfriend's Rainbow Germaniums. Any suggestions? Right now I'm really digging Dave Matthews Band "Ants Marching." Sounds awesome. I searched and didn't see a thread for this, there's a lot of them for subs but not for mids and highs that I could find. Hopefully this will inspire a lot of replies.

937DYTBOI
07-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Head PE

pimpedout97x
07-25-2006, 11:39 PM
where in tampa are u?

Trey803
07-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Dave MAtthews band One Sweet World, Traffic in the sky Jack Johnson, Fichserspooner(Any), O and the best of all**** Prodigy Smack my ***** up

alphakenny1
07-25-2006, 11:41 PM
this might sound gay but to test your highs, throw in some mariah carey.

lilmaniac2
07-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Johnny Cash , the soundtrack to the movie :) you'll thank me i promise

SuperBlack350z
07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm actually in Seffner . . . a bit outside of Tampa. This is great, 6 responses in like 5 minutes. Keep 'em comin'!!

Johnny Drama
07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Dire Straits-Brothers in arms
SRV-little wing, river paradise, crossfire
Rush-any song
The police-message in a bottle

davidfre21
07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
always like Lynyrd Synyrd - free bird live :D

937DYTBOI
this might sound gay but to test your highs, throw in some mariah carey.

I would have to agree on this one also, her old song called "my baby" it works both ends hihs and lows

DBfan187
0dB 1kHz test tone

Spud2388
07-25-2006, 11:45 PM
one of my current fav is Nickelback- "Animals". If you want to test out the upper freq., the Whitney Houston- "I Will Always Love You". For the male vocals, Alabama- "I'm In A Hurry".

All of those sound great in my car, so they should sound wonderful off the Germs.

alphakenny1
07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
I would have to agree on this one also, her old song called "my baby" it works both ends hihs and lows

its called "always be my baby." ;). haha yea i agree. that song actually pounds my mids. haha.

mokedaddy
07-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Pink Floyd - "learning to fly"

Beerdrnkr
07-26-2006, 03:05 AM
Try Gorillaz -don't get lost in heaven...Gorillaz-Demon Dayz and the intro for Royce Da 5'9's Independence Day. I just happened to use those songs today to tweek my Focal's along with some slipknot.

ItalynStylion
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Antigravity Love song-Incubus
Aqueous Transmission-Incubus
^^Both have really sweet low bass lines but the highs keep it real too. Tons of ambiant mids ;)

Untouchable11
07-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Hotel California-The Eagles

ItalynStylion
07-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Good one

Amokie
07-26-2006, 10:36 AM
AFI - Prelude 12,21

First song on their new CD "Decemberunderground"

Your comps will shine.

SQBubble
07-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I REALLY liked stupid on my components, it hits u really hard

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2021703&postcount=6

ItalynStylion
07-26-2006, 11:02 AM
I REALLY liked stupid on my components, it hits u really hard

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2021703&postcount=6
Sounds good....320kbps FTW!

kublkmax
07-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Good one The live version of coarse.

I would say some Diane Krall, Maxwell unplugged, EW&F live!!!

headless
07-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Red hot chili peppers (californication and one hot minute)
crystal method (vegas...busy child, trip like i do, comin' back...)...
and OH YEAAAAH - blues traveller - live from the fall CD2 is amazingly ******.
DJ GT - Voices of summer 2005 (Leamoor) has tons of throbbing midbass that the germaniums just destroy :D combined with clear and separate vocals..
Pink Floyd
hootie and the blowfish (TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE EE) hehehe
Counting Crows (Round here...Mr Jones...etc)

eqsandleds
07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies

Norah Jones - Pretty much every song from both disks

Madonna - The Immaculate Collection disk

FoxPro5
07-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Madonna - The Immaculate Collection disk

One of my personal favorites. A sweet sounding wide open recording with plenty of highs. Got sibilance? The Material Girl will tell ya ;)

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Scilence
Pink Floyd - Time
Dire Straights - Ride Across The River
Tool - Reflection
Alice in Chains - No Excuses (unplugged)

And last but not least...the utimate IMHO...the Star Wars theme music :naughty:

eqsandleds
07-26-2006, 02:09 PM
One of my personal favorites. A sweet sounding wide open recording with plenty of highs. Got sibilance? The Material Girl will tell ya ;)

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Scilence
Pink Floyd - Time
Dire Straights - Ride Along The River
Tool - Reflection
Alice in Chains - No Excuses (unplugged)

And last but not least...the utimate IMHO...the Star Wars theme music :naughty:

How could I forget about the new Depeche remasters? Speak and Spell, Music for the Masses and Violator. They all sound simply fvcking amazing. The official recording of the Vegas show in April is one of the best live recordings that I have heard. If you can not tell I am a huge Depeche fan

Kickerkitty
07-26-2006, 02:21 PM
If you have good comps almost anything will sound good, however try

Eagles - Hotel California
Tocatta et Fuga
Metallica

;)

Kickerkitty
07-26-2006, 02:23 PM
do you mean tom petty? or did pink floyd do a song with that name, too?

Ya Pink Floyd did it and its a great song.

mokedaddy
07-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Yes it was by Pink Floyd. It was off of the 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' LP. Actually that whole disk is great for tuning.

RumbleNTheTrunk
07-26-2006, 02:40 PM
pimp c - free (uses a sample from tom petty's free falling, great midbass)

eqsandleds
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
If you have good comps almost anything will sound good, however try

Tocatta et Fuga
Metallica

;)

Sorry bro, but that just is not true. The better your speakers are the more they will reveal bad recordings, and there are tons of bad recordings out there.

superdooperman
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
I really enjoy using Dire Straights - Money For Nothing. If you can find the one with the long intro, its great. Theres alot of symbols and kickdrums all happening rapidly, great for testing out the front.

Rawb
07-26-2006, 02:46 PM
personally i think the absolute best to show off the mids and high's is
Scarface - Mary Jane - on cd its one of the best crystal clear perfectly mastered songs i have ever heard. I wouldnt ever use a live album to show off the mids and highs. The guy who does all garth brooks mixing and amstering is awesome as well... I cant remember his name but he is tight...

Thieroff
07-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Capleton-Never share (burn dem)

sounds ****ing beautiful on my comps

percussion is nice on the track

ItalynStylion
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
10000 days on the new Tool cd is a good one so is Intention

Hebrew Hammer
07-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Morphine is prolly my favorite.....very few systems I've heard get it right
Keb Mo is another one of my favorites
David Gilmore...on an island cd is very nice
John Lee Hooker....Mr Lucky

can go on and on

dak0ta_g33k
07-26-2006, 03:37 PM
quincy jones' "soul bossa nova", that song in the austin powers II movie

gl0ck
07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
pimp c -free is amazing im glad i read this thread.

forceofwill
07-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't show off componants with MP3's from an AUX out to an Ipod. But CD's I use are:

Diana Krall - Live in Paris
Dire Straights - Brothers in Arms
The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

All great albums. Steely Dan has some real quality recordings as well.

FoxPro5
07-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Sorry bro, but that just is not true. The better your speakers are the more they will reveal bad recordings, and there are tons of bad recordings out there.

Exactly...and you will soon find your CD collection shrinking to the best of the best ;)

snb778
07-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Dave MAtthews band One Sweet World, Traffic in the sky Jack Johnson, Fichserspooner(Any), O and the best of all**** Prodigy Smack my ***** up

also to go along with this... kinda reminds me of it..same type of music. Crystal Methods "name of the game" actually all of crystal method is really loud.

and of course we cant forget...

" I am.......... Gasoline......" hahahah

Here ya go man... "song with heavy trebble http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51457&highlight=treble I dropped a big post in there.

NeverEnuffBass
07-26-2006, 05:42 PM

One of my favorites.

You may also want to try:

The Pixies- Where is my mind?

Many classic rock songs are great for showing off components as well.

Kickerkitty
07-26-2006, 05:45 PM

i kinda changed that by deleting all my crappy music! original source rip with lossless codecs for the mtfw!

Kickerkitty
07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Oh, and Steely Dan - Black Cow is one of the best recordings to demo, HT fans love this song.

skierxx5556
07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I love to demo mine with anything by Rusted Root.... They have some songs that will really get those comps going (drum trip and Extacy are great for mid bass) but the whole When I woke CD will really put a smile on your face...

WhoSayWho?
07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
personally i think the absolute best to show off the mids and high's is
Scarface - Mary Jane - on cd its one of the best crystal clear perfectly mastered songs i have ever heard. I wouldnt ever use a live album to show off the mids and highs. The guy who does all garth brooks mixing and amstering is awesome as well... I cant remember his name but he is tight...

In general I agree that live albums can **** pretty bad, however, as I sit here I can't think of ANY song that beats Hotel California off of the Hell Freezes Over album.

If I sold sound equiptment retail I would have that CD within arm's reach at all times.

headless
07-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Some live albums have awesome production quality...some don't. :)

headless
07-28-2006, 12:07 PM
I love to demo mine with anything by Rusted Root.... They have some songs that will really get those comps going (drum trip and Extacy are great for mid bass) but the whole When I woke CD will really put a smile on your face...

I've only got 3 rusted root tracks and those are 2 of them. :)

psk1018dc
07-28-2006, 05:30 PM
In general I agree that live albums can **** pretty bad, however, as I sit here I can't think of ANY song that beats Hotel California off of the Hell Freezes Over album.

If I sold sound equiptment retail I would have that CD within arm's reach at all times.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with that statement. That is probably the most clear, crisp recording I have ever heard and would definitely make your comps come alive. Also, anything off Clapton's Unplugged album would sound great.

spudracer326
07-28-2006, 05:32 PM
http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=133180

list from eca....

skierxx5556
07-28-2006, 05:40 PM
For highs I would have to add Leanne Womack's "I hope you dance" her voice is amazing in that song.

theothermike
07-28-2006, 05:49 PM
ya'll all got it wrong

based off my stock speakers some good ones are

Prodigy - smack my b**** up, firestarter, breathe

the postal service - such great heights <-- good for imaging :-)

The eagles - hotel california live

Mike

Ignatowski
07-28-2006, 05:55 PM
most all pink floyd is recordings are top notch,the wall,dark side etc.....
I love the wall when the plane crashes in song one BOOM !
Alot of remastered CD's are excellent,TomPetty rocks,Pat Benatar ,
Geroge Thorgood is always fun
Genesis,Seconds out old school CD has a drum solo will bang the **** out of your midbass and subs with real drums no that studio prefab stuff...
Steely Dan killz it in the SQ dept....
10000 maniacs early stuff was goovy
I thought Kelly Clarksons CD sounded pretty good
I got a CD of that wierd Justin Timberlake new single,I dig it like mad
and its has a nice techno feel

theothermike
07-28-2006, 08:46 PM
wow my torrent just finished on the new tool album holy crap great album, lots of things happening in background, lots bass from bass drum lots of midbass great highs

A++++++

Look into it if u like rock

Mike

turn it up
07-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Peter Gabriel - City of Angels (good mid bass and vocal)

got it off the smallville epidsoe lol..

ItalynStylion
07-29-2006, 05:23 PM
ya'll all got it wrong

based off my stock speakers some good ones are

Prodigy - smack my b**** up, firestarter, breathe

the postal service - such great heights <-- good for imaging :-)

The eagles - hotel california live

Mike
"The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" by the Postal Service is bad *** too:cool:

SATX210
07-29-2006, 06:54 PM
the cure-love song

AcidicDreams
07-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Aaron Copland
Hans Zimmer
Scotland the brave and sons of scotland on bagpipes (well anything on bagpipes)
some newly recorded Jazz
Jimi Hendrix
Ween
Modest Mouse
Johnny Winter

Ohh and no 128kbps MP3's... IF your going to do it right buy CD's (those listed above will be CHEAP used) or get AAC/Lossless stuff or 320kpbs MP3's

I can't beleive the first suggestion was Hed PE:rolleyes:

AcidicDreams
07-29-2006, 07:04 PM
One of my favorites.

You may also want to try:

The Pixies- Where is my mind?

Many classic rock songs are great for showing off components as well.

Good call on the pixies

SATX210
07-29-2006, 07:07 PM
portishead

AcidicDreams
07-29-2006, 07:13 PM
haha my post inspired me to make a Copland - Zimmer - Bagpipes CD... I'm still impressing myself with my subs... it's time to tweak the daytons

AcidicDreams
07-29-2006, 07:15 PM
If you want to be "different" you could always get some Mahavishnu Orchestra.... they are wierd... it's like 15 people in the "band" and they are all wiggin out on thier instruments at once...

helotaxi
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Music that you like is always a good thing to show off with. That or something the person you are showing off to likes. Doesn't matter how accurate it sounds, if I hate what is being played, I probably won't be impressed. If someone were to throw in some hardcore rap to demo something to me I would walk away. I wouldn't even give it a chance cause that stuff annoys me so much.

If you want to have a way handy to show off the system, burn a CD with a huge variety of well recorded material. That way you have something that will appeal to whoever is listening to the system. Obviously use a lossless format.

There have been a number of excellent recording already mentioned but one of the classics that hasn't is Jennifer Warnes-Famous Blue Raincoat

AzzKicker
08-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Songs that shine on my System:

Metallica - Black Album
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
George Strait
Linkin Park - Meteora, Hybrid Theory

Believe it or not Billy Idol - Rock the Craddle of Love, Rebel Yell(Acoustic)

I agree, Hotel California Live is very good.

There are just so many

djman37
08-02-2006, 10:16 AM
A VERY percussive, taxing CD is.

Blue Man Group - Audio

ALL hand-made instruments: wind, percussion, string. including a 25 ft. drum.
http://www.blueman.com/music/audio.shtml

Newb 2 Sound
08-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Old school Metallica :)

Mike

anmol_da_great
08-04-2006, 12:54 AM
anything acoustic works well

ravendarat
08-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Music that you like is always a good thing to show off with. That or something the person you are showing off to likes. Doesn't matter how accurate it sounds, if I hate what is being played, I probably won't be impressed. If someone were to throw in some hardcore rap to demo something to me I would walk away. I wouldn't even give it a chance cause that stuff annoys me so much.

If you want to have a way handy to show off the system, burn a CD with a huge variety of well recorded material. That way you have something that will appeal to whoever is listening to the system. Obviously use a lossless format.

There have been a number of excellent recording already mentioned but one of the classics that hasn't is Jennifer Warnes-Famous Blue Raincoat

I dont use burnt material of any kind. I am one of those bastards that can tell the difference between an original cd and a direct copy made off of that cd to a blank disc using a computer. With that said the absolute best demo disc in my collection is my Master Disc Recording of U2's War. Sunday Bloody Sunday really can make a speaker set wail and anyone who knows what Im talking about when I talk about Master Discs know what kinda advantage they offer over a standard CD you buy off the rack at Best Buy.

cleanerupper
08-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Any 96Kbps MP3 will do ;)

bri487
08-04-2006, 02:08 AM
ants marching at the beginning is awesome. also listen to the insto of satellite.

godsmack- voodoo
the whispers - its a love thing
diana ross - im coming out (sinlge version)
wang chung - everybody have fun tonight
the gap band - you dropped a bomb on me

^those ones will really make your comps shine, they make mine shine anyway

azbass
08-04-2006, 02:09 AM
some mega death

POLKAT
08-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Kd Lang- Constant Craving

Anything produced by Telarc and Sheffield

flakko
08-04-2006, 02:32 AM
I like using vocal music

christina Aguilara - beautiful

Moulin Rouge Soundtrack - Your song (Elton John cover)

SQChevy
08-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I say boo to Eagles - Hotel California. Sorry, done USACI so long that I am sick and tired of that song.
Here are some of the songs that I like to use to show off my system:
Dire Straits - Money for Nothing, Sultans of Swing, Your Latest Trick Live
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cabron
Alice In Chains - Whale & Wasp
Apocalyptica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica done on strings
Dave Matthews Band - Spoon
Gnarls Barkley - Transformer
G N' R - November Rain
Heart - Crazy on you
Jason Mraz - Did You Get My Message?
Jethro Tull - The Whistler
Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore
Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine, Comfortably Numb, High Hopes
Slipknot - Circle
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Taxman
Stone Sour - Bother
Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels
Vanessa Carlton - 1000 Miles
Most A capella - to get the spread of voice...great for imaging and staging

ItalynStylion
08-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Cabron is a good one i forgot about. That gives your tweets a workout and still has a strong bass line.

Whoever said Postal Service - Such Great Heights is right....****, the imaging is incredible in that song. They have great recording and tons of odd sounds in the back of the music that really pop out when you play them on a great system...

headless
08-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I dont use burnt material of any kind. I am one of those bastards that can tell the difference between an original cd and a direct copy made off of that cd to a blank disc using a computer.
You're kidding, right? Just making sure

BaseSteala112
08-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Untill The Day I Die - Story of the Year

.....enough said

luvinthebass
08-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by ravendarat
I dont use burnt material of any kind. I am one of those bastards that can tell the difference between an original cd and a direct copy made off of that cd to a blank disc using a computer.

isn't it when you copy or rip the music from the cd to an mp3 file the sound gets changed alittle? i noticed it it sounded more mono then with the cd more stereo sounding

EFuss27
08-06-2006, 03:04 AM
if you like rap you should check out B.G. album "Checkmate". that has some good imaging... maybe Rick James- "Cold blooded" and "Fire and Desire" :) with him and Tina Marie...now thats a good song
or even Barry White

ItalynStylion
08-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I thought that a direct copy of the cd is the EXACT same. As far as i know the only time there is a loss of quality is when the music is subject to compression into a more usable format like MP3, M4A, WMA, ect...

brypink
08-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Balck Sabbath's Hits 1970-1978 (digitally remastered)
Disc 1; Track 6-9 :peace:

Definitely will give your midbass a work out. :naughty:

954runner
08-10-2006, 09:45 PM
i dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet, but i like "Hotel California". i think that song seperates good speakers from bad speakers.

954runner
08-10-2006, 09:48 PM
sorry :(

i also think anything off cascada's newest cd is good. almost all the songs are the same lol.

Lil_KB
08-10-2006, 09:52 PM
IMO

The Red by Chevelle has some pretty good highs. It gave me a headache in my buddys truck with 6 tweets.

T3mpest
08-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I thought that a direct copy of the cd is the EXACT same. As far as i know the only time there is a loss of quality is when the music is subject to compression into a more usable format like MP3, M4A, WMA, ect...
It is. You can copy raw data all day and not change anything, if not we couldn't mass distribute programs.

2kchevy06civic
08-10-2006, 10:02 PM
I like to use alice n chains unplugged. Just the whole cd really, it's pretty good.

Also, intros that I like to use are these:
Thursday - Autobiography of a nation
Coheed and Cambria - Second stage turbine blade
Tool - Crawl Away (probably one of the greatest intros I've heard for all instruments coming in at once, just the power and energy is amazing)
Rage Against the machine - Matrix theme. I know that's not the name of the song but thats what my winamp calls it. Anyways, gives a goodworkout on the mids.

as far as songs go, of course the live performance of Hotel California is a given. Most of the time I Just play intros though, not full songs.

edit: oh almost forgot, Dave Matthews, Tim Reynolds - Grey street live. Love this version. (seeing them in dallas next weekend btw ;P)

AphexTwin
08-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Aphex Twin - On, Milkman
Radiohead - Paranoid Android, Idioteque
Porcupine Tree - Trains
Zero7 - In The Waiting Line
Amon Tobin - Four Ton Mantis, Verbal
Massive Attack
Pearl Jam - Release
Gotan Project - Great vocalist here check em out.......
Throw in some Primus and Phish for funky effects

x2 on Depeche Mode.... SQ is amazing on those recordings

more than any other song this will make your comps shine,
Radiohead - Packt like sardines in a crushd tin box

Pyro_By_Nature
10-02-2006, 05:41 AM
Sorry to bring up a semi old thread.But one song that got quite a few wows was Elton John - goodbye yellow brick road.I personally like/use the live version of elton john and billy joel singing it.Just ****ing awesome sounding.Their face to face tour would've been kick *** to see.

I'll use quite a few eagles songs, some chicago songs, and the likes.

ItalynStylion
10-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Late 70's band called Yes. Their album, Fragile, is amazing. Two songs that I really enjoy on my Focals are "Roundabout" and "Heart of the Sunrise" can't go wrong with either of them really...amazing musicians

AphexTwin
10-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Some classics nobody mentioned...

Guns N' Roses - November Rain
David Bowie and Queen - Under Pressure
The Who - Baba O' Riley
The Doors - Light My Fire
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower

AphexTwin
10-09-2006, 02:12 AM
"Show-off"

A show-off is a person who attracts attention by frequently demonstrating their talents. The tone of the word varies depending on the speaker's relationship with the subject, although it is most usually employed in a mildly mocking manner.

I think these songs fit the definition...

Aphex Twin – Ageispolis
Boards of Canada – Wildlife Analysis
Boards of Canada – Music Is Math
RJD2 – Smoke & Mirrors
DJ Shadow – Fixed Income
UNKLE – Unkle (Main Title Theme)
DJ Format – Black Cloud
Handsome Boy Modeling School – Rock And Roll
RJD2 – Final Frontier
Gym Class Heroes – 1st period: The Queen And I
DJ Danger Mouse – Change Clothes
Amon Tobin – Four Ton Mantis
cut chemist – What's The Altitude (Feat. Hymnal)
DJ Shadow – Organ Donor

alphakenny1
10-09-2006, 02:15 AM
i'm sure its been said but one of the most popular SQ songs is:

etsanch
10-09-2006, 09:05 AM
1) Clair Marlo 'Let it go" album
2) Pat Coil - Steps
3) Livingston Taylor - Ink

etsanch
10-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh by the way, it's better if you play the cds instead of the ipod. You lose some of the detail when you convert to AAC from audio.

acold7dusta
10-09-2006, 09:17 AM
postal service and the umbrellas are very musical bands and will bring out sounds you've probably never heard in a song before :)

all tool songs

depeche mode

Smashing Pumpkins- 1979 in particular...holy midbass

Also, i heard cassie-me n u in a show car and its got a real nice blend when it hits (treble mid and lows) played it on my SLCs and it ran shivers down my back..

KojiroTakenashi
10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex sound tracks. Any volume - the songs are speaker torture tests and are my reference test tracks.

If your stuff is actually good, it'll shine with this music.

alteraudiousa
10-09-2006, 04:25 PM
311- Transistor- recorded in HDCD- actually all of 311 is good since it has one of the better recordings
Perfect Circle-Counting Bodies like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum
David Matthews-the new CD which is double sided- very nice
Craig Armstrong- Plunkett and MacClean Soundtrack

gsxrjjordan
10-09-2006, 10:16 PM
excellent thread ~ on my last SQ competition system (OZ 6.5"s/TRU 4x100) I used to play "Sultans of Swing" (Dire Straits, already mentioned) and see jaws drop - ahhh the nice solid doors of German-made automobiles...

StealthKill
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
311- Transistor- recorded in HDCD- actually all of 311 is good since it has one of the better recordings
Perfect Circle-Counting Bodies like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum

I'm listening to APC right now as I show off the 311 tee....:cool:

TXmusic
10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
John Lee Hooker - The Healer
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone
Cream - Badge
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground
Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning