PDA

View Full Version : i am a idiot, probably

jasperpso
07-25-2006, 11:57 AM
well ikesound today pissed me off, told me they didnt have and crystal sscs6 sets in stock nor were they expecting any.. even though i ordered them on sunday on the website..
i was in a hurry and wanted to order something so i got a refund from them, but couldnt find a decent source for the crystals.. so i ordered a set of diamond d661s 6.5 comps with the silk tweeters. i ordered them basically cause woofersetc has them for $230 and i found a set on egay for $175 delivered..

please tell me i didnt screw myself..
i know i wanted the crystals, but i hope these will be at least 'nearly' as good

any of you have expereince with these diamonds?

thanks

RumbleNTheTrunk
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
well ikesound today pissed me off, told me they didnt have and crystal sscs6 sets in stock nor were they expecting any.. even though i ordered them on sunday on the website..
i was in a hurry and wanted to order something so i got a refund from them, but couldnt find a decent source for the crystals.. so i ordered a set of diamond d661s 6.5 comps with the silk tweeters. i ordered them basically cause woofersetc has them for $230 and i found a set on egay for $175 delivered..

please tell me i didnt screw myself..
i know i wanted the crystals, but i hope these will be at least 'nearly' as good

any of you have expereince with these diamonds?

thanks
Toxic Tuan could have gotten you a set of crystal's cheaper then that....

jasperpso
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
figures.. i just didnt wnt to wait any longer to get them on the way..

i guess what i am asking though, what do you all think about these diamonds??

Ignatowski
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Crystals> will stomp on DA Hex's which I have owned
and are more expensive than D6 comps and are considered better
so in essence you were hasty in your decision IMO

Crystals are some of the best comps I have ever heard
and suit my taste's to a "T"

superdooperman
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
They're not bad. I found their midbass to be rather lacking and the tweets really didnt have much life in them. They're a nice looking set, but the crossovers are massive.

protonman
07-25-2006, 02:35 PM
How do the cystals compare with the boston pro. I am between boston pro or crystals. I have heard boston and they are good, but I haven't heard crystals.

Crystals> will stomp on DA Hex's which I have owned
and are more expensive than D6 comps and are considered better
so in essence you were hasty in your decision IMO

Crystals are some of the best comps I have ever heard
and suit my taste's to a "T"

superdooperman
07-25-2006, 03:03 PM
The biggest difference between the Boston Pro and the Crystal will be the tweeter. Since the pro uses a titanium tweet, expect a sharper, brighter sound. While this is enjoyed by some, others like myself find it to be a tad overwhelming at long listening levels.

The Bostons are also in another price range then the Crystals. If you are willing to spend that much, and you have a decent amp to power it, definately go with the Bostons. Theres alot of technology in those speakers and they provide great on and off axis response.

jasperpso
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
crap

oh well..
honestly this will be my first set of comps.. have always been more interested in bass then sq(until recently).. i am sure they will be better then my 11 yr old boston coaxials..

but i should have just waited and found the crystals somewere else.. oh well i will run these diamonds for a while and see how i like em.. if they arent good enough i can always buy myself the crystals for xmas, which is just round the corner..

i thought i had heard good things about these diamonds with the silk tweets.. i know i have heard not to get the aluminum tweets, but thought this was a good choice : (

headless
07-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Don't worry; it'll beat the crap out of your current setup, and with some EQing you'll be able to make them sound fine (and tweak some of the harshness of the metal domes out too). Fret not; you have made a large step up. Diamonds get alot of good reviews, but they are not the 'best' around. If you wanted the 'best', you could have waited...but you wanted better, and now. Which is what you got! :)

Ignatowski
07-25-2006, 07:12 PM
The biggest difference between the Boston Pro and the Crystal will be the tweeter. Since the pro uses a titanium tweet, expect a sharper, brighter sound. While this is enjoyed by some, others like myself find it to be a tad overwhelming at long listening levels.

The Bostons are also in another price range then the Crystals. If you are willing to spend that much, and you have a decent amp to power it, definately go with the Bostons. Theres alot of technology in those speakers and they provide great on and off axis response.

Dood,
Titanum tweets are smoother than my aura silks.......
In otherwords just cause they are metallic doesnt mean they
are metallic sounding....Titanum and Aluminum are 2 totally different animals
so I think you made an assumption and I would like to say
NO SIR

try em before you call them harsh,bright,fatiguing etc.....