PDA

View Full Version : Need box plans for 2 12L7s!

linvillegorge
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Alright, here's the deal. I have an '01 Tahoe. The subs will be 2 12" L7s, the amp a BXI2006D. I'm looking for plans for a box to fit in my cargo area. I'm thinking 6 cubic feet tuned at 30-32. Does this sound about right? I was thinking about upfiring them for a couple of reasons. First, I do actually haul some things every now and then, so upfiring them will keep the subs from getting damaged by cargo. Secondly, the only rattle problems I have in the Tahoe are the rear cargo doors. I've deadened the crap out of them, but I've found the problem is the actual body panels in the doors creaking - I'll start another thread in the general forum about this issue. I figure upfiring the subs will help to decrease some of the pressure they see now with my rear firing setup. So, any problems with upfiring? The max dimensions are 48" wide and 17.5" tall, the depth isn't as important. I want to keep it 17.5" tall or less so that I can use the factory cargo area cover when it will be parked for an extended period. If thieves can't see it, they don't want it!

linvillegorge
07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
anybody?

linvillegorge
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
D*mn you guys! You're going to make me actually THINK and have to use math to figure this out! I hate you all so very, very much (in my best Cartman voice)

Doesn't someone wanna make $10-$15?