PDA

View Full Version : Speaker/Amp Suggestions

walkychalky
07-24-2006, 02:53 AM
I Have Friend whose lookin to get a new setup in his car.......he wants components up front and coaxials in the rear and an amp to power them..........his budget is $500 before wiring and whatnot.........im not too familiar with speakers so if u have any suggestions for a good setup with this budget please lmk.......he just wants nice overall sound that can get pretty loud.....he doesnt have a sub and at the moment is not interested in gettin one......any help is appreciated....thanks.....oh yah and ebay prices are welcome :naughty:

EDIT: 6.5" speakers are what fit his car

jacka
07-24-2006, 03:52 AM
my setup was a bit less than 500 with installation and everything. Diamond D361 in front an rear and a Diamond D3 400.4 running them. Nice sound and they decently loud. however, i would ditch rear speakers if i were to do it over. if he's not interested in a sub then you might wanna look at speakers with a bit better bass response for the woofer.

camry_tuner
07-24-2006, 05:29 AM
i would go rainbow slc's and a pair of eu700s in the rear, and get a nice 4 channel amp to power it

eu's can handle bass duties and slcs could handle the rest

chefhow
07-24-2006, 07:05 AM
What kind of car is it? I am in the process of doing a budget eBay syetem where everything is NIB and I have kept it under $500 installed. I would go w/DLS Reference line or the Rainbow's and get the EU-700's for the rears as suggested above. You can get an Aura RPM4200 from Parts Express for under $100 still shipped to you and you have everything you need.

camry_tuner
07-24-2006, 01:40 PM
not sure of those aura rpms r still availiable... didnt partsexpress sell out of those?

walkychalky
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
yah the aura amps are all sold out and i dunno if the 50x4 wouldve been enough power anyway...........and i dunno about puttin the eu700's in teh rear i want something that can play decent midbass as well as some highs.......not juts strong *** midbass