PDA

View Full Version : 7" references

budahbuddy803
07-23-2006, 10:02 PM
just saw that someone on here had some of these and said he had a nice SQ system. How are they? The truck i am getting has 4 7" speaker spots and i was looking to fill those with 7" components. What are some good SQ 7" components?

squeak9798
07-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Depends on your budget.

JimJ
07-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Remember, the installation is going to make far more of a difference than the actual drivers you choose - you could throw expensive speakers in a crappy install and still have a poor-sounding setup.

The sticky "Proper Door Sound Deadening and You" is pretty much required reading if you want to upgrade your front stage :)

ballstothewall
07-23-2006, 11:00 PM
7" Dayton References are fricking awsome.

Thieroff
07-24-2006, 10:48 AM
You know, someone told me once
"The better the speakers, the more important it is to have a good install"

JimJ is right
You can make pieces of **** sound good
and make good equipment sound like ****
It all depends on the install

Sound deadening is a must when installing any speaker that you're gonna spend real money on, it may be time consuming but is totally worth it

Your door is going to act as a "box" for the speakers, so do your best at deadening the doors and building baffles

www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

CT

Thieroff
07-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Aside from that, brands alot of people like are rainbow, cdt, diamond audio, dls, morel, and seas

some sets are expensive, some aren't

try running a search on here

you're going to have a lot more options with a 6.5 set, period.

look into building baffles or mdf rings, which are simple and give a speaker something rigid to mount to

I made up some mdf baffles to fit 6.5's in my 5x7 spots in my doors, so guaranteed you can do it to yours

CT