PDA

View Full Version : wtf 5-way speaks

budahbuddy803
07-22-2006, 11:19 PM
O.k. can anyone explain to me why you would want and or need a speaker with 5 parts:eyebrow: ? Just skimming through last months crutchfield mag. and Pioneer has 5 way 6x9s with "LPF mids, come tweeters, dome supertweeters". That seems too unnesicary for me. What do you guys think about it?

Prowler573
07-22-2006, 11:21 PM
It's more of a marketing gimmick rather than a multielement coaxial that the various elements actually make a difference :crap:

bri487
07-22-2006, 11:24 PM
the pioneer revs (2-way) would tear those up.

budahbuddy803
07-22-2006, 11:25 PM
charging $150 for them. I bet they real some noobs in just becuase its 5-way

LoudCrownVic
07-22-2006, 11:26 PM
It's called "if one blows theres another one to take it's place"

NASA used this technology heavily in the 60's with many of the space missions, making most of the spacecraft heavy and controlling them unweildly because of all of the backups needed.

This is also the case with the Pioneer 5 ways.

budahbuddy803
07-22-2006, 11:27 PM
^^ haha never knew nasa and car audio had so much in common

Loud3
07-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Haha.
5 ways are POPULAR in South GA.

EVERY donk has 4 or 6 of them accross the back deck!!!!

Prowler573
07-22-2006, 11:30 PM
It's called "if one blows theres another one to take it's place"

NASA used this technology heavily in the 60's with many of the space missions, making most of the spacecraft heavy and controlling them unweildly because of all of the backups needed.

This is also the case with the Pioneer 5 ways.
Those "supertweeters" are ostensibly designed to reproduce a frequency range outside the average range of normal human hearing. WTF kindof "bakup" you reckon those are??

budahbuddy803
07-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Haha.
5 ways are POPULAR in South GA.

EVERY donk has 4 or 6 of them accross the back deck!!!!

That is because most of the people that drive the donks raised up on some 28s doesnt know jack shizzle about car audio. Most of the people that drive those in my area that i talked to refered to thier amps using max wattage. Thats all i have to say about that. Matter of fact one man told me he had 5000watts i said **** hommie let me see your setup, he had 5 1000watt max sony amps.

LoudCrownVic
07-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Those "supertweeters" are ostensibly designed to reproduce a frequency range outside the average range of normal human hearing. WTF kindof "bakup" you reckon those are??

They **** of bats?

"**** man, as long as it screams" is what my buddy used to say about car audio. All he liked to her was the treble and midrange to about 1k... Yeech.

Prowler573
07-22-2006, 11:42 PM
They **** of bats?

"**** man, as long as it screams" is what my buddy used to say about car audio. All he liked to her was the treble and midrange to about 1k... Yeech.
I guess it's easier to setup a stereo that satisfies you when you're tone deaf as opposed to people that can actually hear how crappy it sounds, eh?

budahbuddy803
07-22-2006, 11:45 PM
i wish i was tone deff. Then i wouldnt have to spend so much money to get my audio how i like it!

Prowler573
07-22-2006, 11:47 PM
i wish i was tone deff. Then i wouldnt have to spend so much money to get my audio how i like it!
I'm feeling ya there, friend. :crap: ($$$-wise)

budahbuddy803
07-22-2006, 11:48 PM
yeah but on the other hand i love some good quality sound!! cant beat it

ngsm13
07-23-2006, 12:14 AM
That is because most of the people that drive the donks raised up on some 28s doesnt know jack shizzle about car audio. Most of the people that drive those in my area that i talked to refered to thier amps using max wattage. Thats all i have to say about that. Matter of fact one man told me he had 5000watts i said **** hommie let me see your setup, he had 5 1000watt max sony amps.

I see you have audiobahn... and coaxials...

nG

Prowler573
07-23-2006, 12:18 AM

nG
And a 3 farad cap for an 800w amp...don't forget that bit ;)

azbass
07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
lol "come tweeters"

Mr. Opportunist
07-23-2006, 12:34 AM

nG
audiobahn has greatest sq evAr silly n00bx

budahbuddy803
07-23-2006, 12:40 AM
**** why do yoll have to hate on me when i am 15 years old making 5.15 an hour? My **** is loud and for right now i am stuck with this car. I cant wait to see what yoll say about my next setup when i get a car that i am willing to put money into.

budahbuddy803
07-23-2006, 12:42 AM

Well i had 2 12's and more power so i needed that cap to be able to even drive my car w/o the alt. squeeking. Sorry that i do not make a salary!! :furious: and like i just said i could put some components in my car but... i should not have it for much longer and do not feel like putting more money into it.

Johnny Drama
07-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Wow...this thread smells. So many turds ploped in here...

**Backs out so as not to step in any ****.**

squeak9798
07-23-2006, 01:37 PM
lol "come tweeters"

*** tweeters ?

squeak9798
07-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I cant wait to see what yoll say about my next setup when i get a car that i am willing to put money into.

Probably something along the lines of........ :hilariou:

:)

:toast:

squeak9798
07-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow...this thread smells. So many turds ploped in here...

**Backs out so as not to step in any ****.**

Jntar =
http://leatheroaks.org/Files/WaderTwo/SealDriBound1.jpg

the727kid
07-23-2006, 02:14 PM

Have you ever seen a Donk on 28s? Theres maybe 5 in the country and only 3 I know about. Or do you even know exactly what a Donk is? You probally think it's any Chevy on big rims. Most people riding high (I stay in Florida, we started this shyt), know A LOT about car audio. There were a bunch of cars with 6x9 pioneers all over the place, like from 03 and 04 but they aren't around no more, they got educated. Theres a guy in GA I think (maybe Tally-ho) that has a Deville on 26s and his bass hit so hard his rear quarter panels cracked. Enough said.

And to the kid making $5 an hour.....where the **** do you live?? Minimum wage is like 6.50 or something here.

UndercoverPunk
07-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Jntar =
http://leatheroaks.org/Files/WaderTwo/SealDriBound1.jpg
LA

WL.

UndercoverPunk
07-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Have you ever seen a Donk on 28s? Theres maybe 5 in the country and only 3 I know about. Or do you even know exactly what a Donk is? You probally think it's any Chevy on big rims. Most people riding high (I stay in Florida, we started this shyt), know A LOT about car audio. There were a bunch of cars with 6x9 pioneers all over the place, like from 03 and 04 but they aren't around no more, they got educated. Theres a guy in GA I think (maybe Tally-ho) that has a Deville on 26s and his bass hit so hard his rear quarter panels cracked. Enough said.

And to the kid making $5 an hour.....where the **** do you live?? Minimum wage is like 6.50 or something here.

LOL @ this post. U's=OG... our bad... :rolleyes:

lilwheezy7d5
07-23-2006, 05:03 PM
so im not going to lie, i have these pioneer 5 way speakers... but they were the first upgrade i did to the car when i didndt know anyhting about car audio a little over a year ago.

No im upgrading everything and getting rid of the speakers

Theyr nothing special, sounds a little muddy, bass isnt bad though, but they sounded better than my factory speakers and costed me aroun80 shipped New.

budahbuddy803
07-23-2006, 07:06 PM
o.k. i live in aiken,SC minimum wage=5.15 roun here. There are a few donks but none with 28s. Yes i have seen and talked to the man with a box top on 28s with a 4" maybe 6" lift on his car. Search cardomain with the keyword "aiken" you will see the white box top i am talking about.

Then my next setup will be 2 06' 15" L7s in 12cubes tuned to 32hz being pushed by 2 PA3000db's. As for components i think i might as well go with rainbows, trey803 got a set and he is my cousin so i am thinking about purchasing some of those. This will be in my up and comming 02' quad cab dodge dakota. Wait a couple months and then you all can laugh really hard.

Prowler573
07-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Well i had 2 12's and more power so i needed that cap to be able to even drive my car w/o the alt. squeeking. Sorry that i do not make a salary!! :furious: and like i just said i could put some components in my car but... i should not have it for much longer and do not feel like putting more money into it. I do not make a salary either, fella. Settle down. Matter of fact I've never worked a job in my entire life that was not paid per hour.

But I made a decision long ago after I smoked my very first aftermarket head unit that I was going to get more educated than I was about some khaaarrr awwwDEEEooowwwsssss. (umm...that was when I was 15 as well....making the at-the-time mational minimum wage of $3.85/hour :fyi:)

budahbuddy803
07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
I do not make a salary either, fella. Settle down. Matter of fact I've never worked a job in my entire life that was not paid per hour.

But I made a decision long ago after I smoked my very first aftermarket head unit that I was going to get more educated than I was about some khaaarrr awwwDEEEooowwwsssss. (umm...that was when I was 15 as well....making the at-the-time mational minimum wage of $3.85/hour :fyi:)

yes and i respect that, but also you werent passed around like a ***** getting poked fun at for not havnt a SQ setup. I had heard many SQ setups and was saying i enjoy then and then i come back nad have a look see at my thread and i was sh**ed on multiple times for having some aftermarket speaks and audiobahn.
Just tripped me out gettin hated on when there isnt much i can do about it. :crying: but i dont take ca.com's members to heart and i know i will have one of the loudest bass setups and most likely one of the best SQ speakers in my town.

Prowler573
07-23-2006, 07:31 PM
I've taken plenty of lumps in the past for having ghetto setups, fella. Most of us do from time to time when we're first starting out in the hobby.

I still catch grief for having amplified components in the rear. :laugh: **** on 'em if they don't like it, says I...

As far as the Audiobahn goes? Well....it is what it is and you're just gonna catch **** for that no matter what you do. That's simply fact...

budahbuddy803
07-23-2006, 08:23 PM
yeah man i gocha but audiobahn is gunna be gone in a couple days. What would be somthin under $350 that would push a 15" 06L7? I am gunna get that my next paycheck and put in on my 12" L7 for a few until i get my 2 15"s

Trey803
07-23-2006, 11:53 PM
the pioneer revs (2-way) would tear those up.

Actually I let my cuz borrow those and they sound alot worse:up2somet:

Trey803
07-23-2006, 11:55 PM

O yea he ordered a 1 farad cap and that one came. I dont understand he isnt saying that he got good stuff he is GOING for sq.

Flipx99
07-24-2006, 12:02 AM
wtf is a donk?

In Nashville, nearly every G-body is atleast on 22s. Car may be only worth $50 but the rims are worth more than $1k. And to think, I will have to support these fools with my tax dollars in thier old age.

Ruffy
07-24-2006, 12:09 AM

I saw a Donk/Doink in jackson georgia rolling on 30's. It's hidious. If I remember it's burnt orange in color. Dont know the make of the car. Old box cars dont interest me.

GordonW
07-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Do the cats in South GA, still ride around with their 4-way and 5-way 6x9s, laying on the rear deck of the car? Or even better, laying on the DASH? :banghead:

Regards,
Gordon.

Prowler573
07-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I don't know about southern GA but sadly there are plenty of idiots rolling around my hometown with coaxials of various sizes/types/#of elements simply laying on the deck surface (whether that be rear deck or front dash seems to make no difference) with wires strewn everywhere :crap:
I cringe everytime I see something of that ilk.