PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick alarm questions

ajm
07-22-2006, 03:50 AM
1. When installed my shock sensor was set pretty funny. I nearly have to slam the hell out of my front fender just to get the warn away to chirp. I found the sensor and plan to adjust it. Im guessing there is just a small adjustment "dial" on the sensor?

2. I just recently moved and live next to a fairly shady guy. Im not tooooo worried about it as the truck is parked about 20 ft from my door making the alarm heard incase I dont hear the remote beeping. Anyways I have some piezo sirens laying around and was wondering if I would need a relay to hook them up as well.

Thanks.

RFCV
07-22-2006, 03:16 PM
1. When installed, my shock sensor was set pretty funny. I nearly have to slam the hell out of my front fender just to get the warn away to chirp. I found the sensor and plan to adjust it. I'm guessing there is just a small adjustment "dial" on the sensor?

Yes, it usually takes a jewlers screwdriver. Clockwise to increase sensitivity & counter clockwise to decrease.
*Do not set it too sensitive because of false alarms.

2. I just recently moved and live next to a fairly shady guy. I'm not tooooo worried about it as the truck is parked about 20 ft from my door making the alarm heard in case I don't hear the remote beeping. Anyways, I have some piezo sirens laying around and was wondering if I would need a relay to hook them up as well.

Thanks.

The rule for extra sirens usually is: more than 3 use a relay. Wire them up in parallel to your existing siren. Piezo's are better used inside because of their high pitch pain generating sound. :scared:

THUNDERBIRD
07-22-2006, 06:02 PM
i have 2 in my car and they arent that loud but are annoying

Decipha
07-22-2006, 06:11 PM
make sure you don't set the shock sensor too soft.. anybody with a mad exhaust will arm the alarm.. which i hate! i set mine so you **** near have to break something before the alarm chirps.. if you pull the handle teh alarm sounds!

i have an mtx thunder2400 connected to my alarm! its powering 4 1" dome tweets in the grill and beneath the fuel tank... loud as hell!

RFCV
07-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Anybody with a mad exhaust will arm the alarm...

I am sure you mean trigger the alarm, not arm. ;)

The only way you arm it is either by remote (active) or switch (passive).