PDA

View Full Version : Have mercy on a noob

dbarnes808
07-19-2006, 06:32 PM
well first off its good to finally be on here and post something. i have been reading through alot of threads trying to answer the 100's of questions i have and y'all have answered most of them... and i know you hate to see this but i need some opinions

the car: 2006 Dodge Charger

stock setup: Front-6x9 Rear-6x9

the main goal of my system is that i hear the stock systems in some newer cars and you get decent highs, and pretty good mid-/low- bass... so what i want is to just have a cleaner sound but more importantly a STRONGER sound...

what i need to get an opinion from you guys on:

head unit-
front compnents-
rear coaxial (yes i want speakers back there-
subs (sq w/ PUNCH)-
sub amp-
4 ch. amp-

the only thing that i know for sure is that i want to run the system off of an Alpine head unit, oh and the budget is going to be-$3000.....please help me out with some ideas.... Thank you VERY much

Beat_Dominator
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
I dunno man, thaose are awefully broad groups there. There are hundreds of good products out there that will work..... have you visited the local stores to at least hear some stuff?

dbarnes808
07-19-2006, 07:03 PM
yeah, the stores around here have alot of choices (boston, JL, JBL, etc.) but i just dont trust the sound in the stores any more because i was trying to buy some 6x8's for my cavalier i had and i listened to some Memphis ones in the store and they sounded GREAT, but they were on the board, and when i got them installed i couldnt believe how different they sounded... so i was left with great highs and great lows (fom my subs) but a huge gap in the middle.... but im up to hear any suggestions you have for my new system, just imagine the best system you can for under 3K....

dbarnes808
07-20-2006, 03:04 AM
alright i made some progress on what i want

headunit- Alpine 9857
front-Rainbow slc265
rear-Boston Acoustics SL95

still need help on the subs and amps but i guess i need to go to the subwoofer forum for that

brandontw
07-20-2006, 06:23 AM
sounds like fairly good choices so far.

What sort of sub set up are you looking at? What room do you have to work with? where will it be? ect ect.

It seems like scince you are going for more of a classy type of SQ setup rather that a "i want loud to **** off neighbors" set up, i think mabye one 12 might be a good choice, with the right setup, more than enough PUNCH and plenty of SQ

dbarnes808
07-20-2006, 12:58 PM
alright well room isnt an issure except that the trunk isnt huge, but i dont care if the trunk is mostly taken up by my sub box.... i want it to be sealed, just because ive had ported and didnt care for it as much...as far as the actual subs im looking into...single 12"- IDMAX, W6v2, boston G5, any other suggestion?... and then i was also looking into the W3v3 but if went that way i think id get two 10's maybe even 12's

iamamp3pimp
07-21-2006, 07:12 PM
this looks like it'd be a fun project......