PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions......

espguitarist91
07-19-2006, 02:47 AM
Ive got a couple of questions about my door speakers. I think im going to replace the stock 5 1/4" with either a coaxial or a 5 1/4" mid driver/woofer or whatever you want to call it. Well Im not looking for anything great, or good for that matter. I just want to add a little midbass upfront. I was wondering if anyone knows how deep of a speaker you can put in the door of a 1992 deville? If not, is theyre an average mounting depth that id be sure that would fit? Also, if i got a woofer, im guessing i would need a crossover, right? At what frequency? What would be the effects of running it full range, Stock speakers do it...... Im probably going to be ordering for partsexpress because theyre cheap, so that means either Dayton or Tang band basically. Also, what impedance should i get. Im not sure what the stocks are, but i guess i could check if noone knows.
Thanks

SQBubble
07-19-2006, 03:17 AM
Ive got a couple of questions about my door speakers. I think im going to replace the stock 5 1/4" with either a coaxial or a 5 1/4" mid driver/woofer or whatever you want to call it. Well Im not looking for anything great, or good for that matter. I just want to add a little midbass upfront. I was wondering if anyone knows how deep of a speaker you can put in the door of a 2992 deville? If not, is theyre an average mounting depth that id be sure that would fit? Also, if i got a woofer, im guessing i would need a crossover, right? At what frequency? What would be the effects of running it full range, Stock speakers do it...... Im probably going to be ordering for partsexpress because theyre cheap, so that means either Dayton or Tang band basically. Also, what impedance should i get. Im not sure what the stocks are, but i guess i could check if noone knows.
Thanks

2992? LOL
average? 2.5"
unmount the speaker and see for urself to be 100% sure
get a fullrange speaker, u wont need crossover, just highpass them at ur taste on ur Head unit....
impendance, 4ohm is preferable
!!

espguitarist91
07-19-2006, 03:20 AM
I guess im a bit ahead of time huh. Well i dont have a hpf on my h/u, so itll be fine. Will a coaxial be able to put out just as much midbass as a midwoofer?

SQBubble
07-19-2006, 03:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-KICKER-KS525-5-25-1-4-2-WAY-CAR-AUDIO-STEREO-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ180006200258QQihZ008QQcategoryZ1 4941QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the best thing i could think of for u... itll have good midbass! and isnt expansive

espguitarist91
07-19-2006, 04:11 AM
I was actually looking at the kickes that are one model lower than this just for cost purposes. But ill keep those in mind.
Thanks