PDA

View Full Version : Jumper settings on Germ. crossovers . . . suggestions?

SuperBlack350z
07-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey all. Got these in my g/f's Subaru WRX. We're both very impressed, compared to the Diamond Audio HEX's we both had, these are definitely the best speakers we've owned so far. I had a question for those veterans of the Germanium. Her car has the tweeters mounted near the door handle, probably about bicep height I guess you'd say, toward the front of the door panel, and the tweeter mount has them facing right at you. They're not harsh, but they're . . . pronounced, I guess you'd say, and I was just wondering what setting you guys recommend for this setup. Right now I have it set on the "reference soft" setting on the crossover, but I wanted to hear some opinions on the different settings. Thanks!

Starky
07-18-2006, 01:08 AM
I dont think I can really help, but mine are on Direct Loud, just cuz I want it as loud as possible, and my Tweeters are mounted on the doorright above your knee in the stock position

headless
07-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey all. Got these in my g/f's Subaru WRX. We're both very impressed, compared to the Diamond Audio HEX's we both had, these are definitely the best speakers we've owned so far. I had a question for those veterans of the Germanium. Her car has the tweeters mounted near the door handle, probably about bicep height I guess you'd say, toward the front of the door panel, and the tweeter mount has them facing right at you. They're not harsh, but they're . . . pronounced, I guess you'd say, and I was just wondering what setting you guys recommend for this setup. Right now I have it set on the "reference soft" setting on the crossover, but I wanted to hear some opinions on the different settings. Thanks!

If they've been installed for a short time, they might soften out a bit more as you run them more (my tweets were....edgy...out of the box and softened majorly as they were run. I use reference soft with the tweets on the A pillars of my car, pointing directly cross-cabin; passenger tw towards drivers right ear, driver twe towards passengers left ear