PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Advice for my Type-R in 7.8Ft!!

amartin_72
07-17-2006, 11:54 PM
:crazy: :crazy:
:yumyum:
Okay I built this box and amp rack before I purchased my truck.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e76/amartin_72/box5.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e76/amartin_72/BOx1.jpg
It is 7.8ft NET with 88in of port area, tuned to 37hz.:crap:
I currently only have one Dual 4ohm Type R but I have it on my Pa3000db thats rated at about 2000watts RMS at .66ohm. I have dual batteries and DOUBLE zero guage power and BIG 3.
My problem is:
It is extremley loud for one 12 i **** you not. :yumyum: lil jon is just as loud as my friends two 15" L7's on an Orion 2500d with stock electrical in a jeep.
I have sound deadening. he has nothing.
I am just wondering wethere you guys think i should put ONE OR TWO SUBS IN THERE.
IF I JUST GOT 1 MORE I AM PRETTY SURE IT WOULD BE LOUDER THAN HAVING 3- WHAT DO YOU THINK?
I know tmy amp could do .66ohm NOMINAL before impedance rise... But would it be louder than two in 3.8ft each tuned to 37 or 2.6 each with 3???
IS it worth 130 per sub?

TWO RS OR THREE???vote now!

AndyB
07-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Thats a big ****ing box.

Worlddre
07-17-2006, 11:56 PM
i thought you already had the other two subs i say do it and test it out whats the worst that can happen

mikeyboc
07-17-2006, 11:59 PM
All 3 in that ****er! You can always take one out and sell it.

amartin_72
07-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Right , ill convince this kid to let me use his R's
I built him a box (2.5 each at 34hz ) for his camry to replace his prefab 1.25each at 40hz box(which is for sale-could be a good box for 8's or 10's) for 50$ ill make him let me borrow his subs for a day :)

amartin_72
07-18-2006, 12:03 AM
FYI i have the sub holes blocked off now , and sealed up, but with one of them out - tuned to like 70hz, it is LOUD AT 70HZ HOLY ****. But i have it sealed up so 1 in 7.8ft at 37hz.

and the first 20 mins i ever had it hooked up the cops were at my house i didnt even realize the neighbors could hear this 1 12 from over a mile away. I want to get it metered haha.

zachzchw
07-18-2006, 01:05 AM
FYI i have the sub holes blocked off now , and sealed up, but with one of them out - tuned to like 70hz, it is LOUD AT 70HZ HOLY ****. But i have it sealed up so 1 in 7.8ft at 37hz.

and the first 20 mins i ever had it hooked up the cops were at my house i didnt even realize the neighbors could hear this 1 12 from over a mile away. I want to get it metered haha.

:rolleyes:

Towncar
07-18-2006, 01:11 AM

:bsflag: :hilariou:

hoodkid
07-18-2006, 01:14 AM

type r boners are still around?

tommyk90
07-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Holy huge box batman.

Definitely use all three subs in that box. 8 cubes is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much airspace for a pair of 12's

80INCHES
07-18-2006, 09:07 AM

if u have 1 12 in 7.8cubes with 88square inches of port its not going to be tuned to 37hz..if its tuned to 37hz with 3 of them in there chances are when u use 1 sub the tuning is going to be lower.....thats if u have seperate chambers..which i doubt

over a mile...lol yea right..could it be they was down the block or near by ...lol:crazy:

amartin_72
07-20-2006, 02:30 AM
BS flag on me! No way, I know what your thinking and i didnt realize how you guys would take it but heres what happened.

I had the neightbors to the left of my house, in the country, already pissed off frm my friends 15" L7's (pair on a 2500d). She politley came over last summer and asked us to keep it down and claimed it scared her horses. So when I had gotten my Type-R in, I hooked up my PA3000DB for the first time and didnt want to **** off the neighbor to the left of me again so i decided to get farther away from their house and drive down the road. Im sitting on a really really slow(<15 cars per day) country road and I was seeing what this think maxes out at for about 25 mins thinking no one culd possbly hear it. The truck was completely unregistered and uninsured. So i return home and im in my driveway which is long and has a slight curve and i noticed a car turn around in my driveway at about 8PM and my parnts arrived home at about 830 and asked me why there were two cops on the road talking to eachtoehr im like i have no idea. So my compltely psychotic step mom calls the cops and asks why cops were outside our house if we were in danger and they say they were looking for a LOUD WHITE DIESEL TRUCK and then they looked at me and *** soon as they got of the phone. SO AARON, WERE YOU PLAYIN THAT ****IN STEREO OF YOURS A LITTLE LOUD HUH? They said that there was a complaint about 20 mins ago and the cops noticed the house down the road in the direction the neighbor seen my truck heading had the garage door open but they didnt see my truck cuz our driveway is curved and goes through the woods. The only neightbors on that side of me are at the end of our road at an intersecton and it is OVER 1 mile from my house to theirs and i only went a few hunderd feet down the road from my house when i was playing it.

so eat my *** if you dont believe me. Maybe some time ill take pics of my driveway and the neigtbors house or soemthing. Its LOUD:crazy:

amartin_72
07-20-2006, 02:35 AM
And this was with my windows down... if that matters. both of them- its louder, oh and even the sliding rear window im not even joking i really wanted to see how loud this thing can be, I was playing young jeezy, lil jon and late nite tip. They all have some crazy bass lines.

jujumantb
07-20-2006, 02:38 AM
type r boners are still around?
the type r is a good sub, quit trying to act cool.

amartin_72
07-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Well Im sorry if you guys dont beleive the one mile part, but think of it this way do you think a TCAB box could be heard 1 mile away with the windows down with 1200wRMS on tap from the PA3000Db? I think so easily..he would hit about 143 in my truck EASILY and that can certianly be heard more than a mile away. So at what point does a person even try to compete with him with their own box building? I estimate I have now built over 200 Boxes of some sort wether HT or Cars. I still have 250$ coming for a box I just made for two R's. IDk **** my balls if you dont belive me i know how to build a box its loud eat ****.

PV Audio
07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Dude shut up. Unless there's absolutely zero interference (aka you live on like a farm with nothing in between), those sound waves wouldn't be able to travel that far with a single 12". If you had a few 15s, then maybe, but that's complete ****.

phyphoestilic
07-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Simple answer to stop the arguement, either he's tell the truth or not, what are u going to do about it? Drive over to his house and pull a TL outta ur butt and test him? If he thinks it's hitting those dBs, its his oponion. and maybe he lives in a valley so ***** echos, lol.

linvillegorge
07-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Yep, where I'm from in the mountains, depending on where something is, you can hear it from ridiculously far away. However, if in a different location, you may not here it until it's right on top of you. For example, at my house, I can hear an ambulance leave the rescue squad which is almost 2 miles away. You can hear it coming up the road, but when it goes through the valley about a mile away, it goes silent. Then, the next thing you know, it comes blaring over the hill. Mountains make sound waves do crazy things.