PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Whipplecharger for my ranger.

supraman1379
07-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I have searched a couple ranger forums for this. But I cant seem to find anything for a 2001. Everything that I have found is for an 02 and up.
Can anyone here help me out?

zthumper
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
www.rangerpowersports.com

Thats where I post at. If I remeber right for the newer rangers you have to buy the charger and custom fit it yourself.

supraman1379
07-17-2006, 09:14 PM
www.rangerpowersports.com

Thats where I post at. If I remeber right for the newer rangers you have to buy the charger and custom fit it yourself.

Thats the site i just joined and was looking at. I guess I could custom fit it. I dont think that it would really be too much of a difference. I just checked the price for an 02. LOL I have a lot of saving to do.

zthumper
07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
yeah I like it lots of info. But your best bet is to get a different vehicle for performance.

supraman1379
07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
yeah I like it lots of info. But your best bet is to get a different vehicle for performance.

Yea. I like it too. I dont do a whole lot of posting. But mainly reading.

I learned a couple things already. Like how there is alot of slack in the throttle cable. And all you have to do is get rid of it by using sip ties and making it tight again. No HP gain, but throttle response is said to be greater.

But as for the super charger. Im just going to save up for a while. And prolly do some minor mods under the hood.

Like after market intake. Headers. Tuner chip or programmer.

zthumper
07-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah I was looking at an underdog pulley but then I saw that it slows the alternator down and I need it moving as fast as it can. So im content with being slow for now.

supraman1379
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah I was looking at an underdog pulley but then I saw that it slows the alternator down and I need it moving as fast as it can. So im content with being slow for now.

Yea. Im looking for any kind of cheap performance I can get. I have done the exhaust already. I wanted to find out what kind of exhaust you had on yours, and if you liked it.

I put single inlet dual outlet flowmaster on mine. 3" pipes from the cat back

zthumper
07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I have a single 3 inch inlet dual 2.25 outlet almost like yours prolly. Mine is the flowmaster 40 series. I like it but it will never sound like a v8. I didn't really notice any performance gained though.

supraman1379
07-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Yea. I didnt notice much of a gain with mine either. But there was a slight difference. Maybe if I do some other mods, it would make more of a difference. But Im still trying to get my check engine light to go out. lol. I have a bad gas cap.

zthumper
07-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah let me know what mods give ya the most performance cause we both know are trucks could use of lot of it.

supraman1379
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah let me know what mods give ya the most performance cause we both know are trucks could use of lot of it.

First thing I am going to get the is said to make a pretty noticable difference is an aftermarket intake. Not K&N, but something else. Like Airaide. Or however you spell it.lol.

Supposedly it makes the truck sound beefier too.

zthumper
07-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I heard that it makes your truck sound better but not much performance. So you try it out before I buy it lol.

supraman1379
07-17-2006, 09:48 PM
lol fair enough. I will let you know tho.