PDA

View Full Version : GT muffler on an SE?

blackhawk
07-17-2006, 06:07 PM
I have a 2000 Grand Am SE V6, and I was wondering if a GT muffler would bolt right into place with no modifications. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Prowler573
07-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Wouldn't looking under your car be a much more convenient source of the answers to most of those questions rather than asking on a car audio forum?

blackhawk
07-17-2006, 06:35 PM
I figured asking in the performance forum would work. I was asking because I haven't gotten a GT muffler, and I was wondering if it was worth it to look for and buy one. If needed I can post pics.

ETA I wasn't thinking when I asked about how the muffler is mounted, long day in the hot sun doing construction, I wasn't thinking right. Sorry about that one.

JohnnyChuttz
07-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Unless a you know someone who is scrapping the Gt cat back, it would be more cost effective to go to an exhaust shop and have them do it. My dad just did it to his Titan and only cost $200 for the Flowmaster 40, dual 3 in back , and 3 in Tips.
Ask around town(your friends, not the shop) and find out which shops would rather not hassle with paperwork, there is your bargain!

Black_Jesus
07-26-2006, 11:09 PM
www.gaownersclub.com (http://www.gaownersclub.com) and quit asking such specific CAR questions on an audio forum..