PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Audio & Video in Fairmont, MN

blackMTXgold
07-17-2006, 03:06 PM
WASTE OF SPACE, well i went there today, 40 minute drive, in hopes of decent amount of products, well i got there and the first thing i see is 20 10" rockford P1, they were in 2 stacks 5 boxes per stack, 2 subs per box all prefab rockford boxes, all running off of 800 watts?!?!?!?! yes every single sub wired up into 1 amp, the guy had it going and it was pathetic, hes like if i really turn it up that stand over there dances, i was like lemme get my 9500 10" setup and ill make that stand fall the fu<k over, he asked me what i had and i told him 10" MTX 9500 in 1.25 cubes tuned to 37 hz and hes like oh you like distortion, and i said why would there be distortion, "its in a ported box" i was appauled by this and simply stated distortion and sound quality are two different things, and then i left, yeh soo all they deal is rockford and alpine allll prefab boxes, no custom boxes made to the sub specs, they had a pioneer priemer 12", alpine Type R 12" and a rockford P1, P2, and P3 all in the same type of box .75 cubes sealed

groundpound4200
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
HA!! I grew up in Fairmont and I can tell you that I agree 100&#37;. This place is a joke. Prefab sealed boxes and lowend subs and decks all at retail prices are all this place offers. The only thing I ever bought there was wire and connectors because I didn't want to drive an hour to Mankato to get to Sweet Sounds. Most of their installers are people I know personally and I wouldn't want any of them near my car.

dropped_mazda
05-04-2008, 10:43 PM
sweet sounds is probably one of the best around does Jeff still own it? or rockin ronnys in mankato aint bad to deal with

groundpound4200
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure who owns Sweet Sounds anymore but that is the best place I have been in MN. They are the only place that didnt have a "deer in the headlights" look when I asked if they had a termlab (which they do)

+1 for Sweet Sounds

JbIrD
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I go to sweet sounds atleast twice a week and am on a first name bases with all of them. Yea Jeff still owns the place. I keep bugging him to start the compititions for the summer but he keeps taking his sweet Azz time.

mrose
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
If you want a real car audio shop in MN go to Audio Designs in Winona MN. They have some ***** there.