PDA

View Full Version : I cant find it.........!!!!!!!!!!!

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
If anybody can help me with this, i thank you much. I cant find that one ported box designer/calculator site where you enter in the desired width, height, and frequency, and then gives you the design of the box. The design has different colors for each side, top etc.....Thanks for any help, i just cant find the link:verymad:

xluben
07-16-2006, 03:50 PM
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 03:53 PM
:bowdown: Thank you. Its been killing me.........I can make my box now......soon actually.:)

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 04:12 PM
By the way, does anybody know if that site is fairly accurate with their tuning frequencies and measurements? Thanks

ngsm13
07-16-2006, 04:14 PM
You STILL have to take into account NET volume, port displacement, driver displacement, wood displacement... and then adjust accordingly.

Box designing ISN'T the hardest thing in the world... but MANY people do not know how to design them correctly... even using a program of some sort.

nG

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 04:21 PM
but MANY people do not know how to design them correctly... even using a program of some sort.

nG
Such as myself. I think that program takes the driver displacement into account, no sure though. Im going to try, but ill screw up somehow.

ngsm13
07-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Such as myself. I think that program takes the driver displacement into account, no sure though. Im going to try, but ill screw up somehow.

Nope, it does NOT take anything into account.

Basically the ONLY thing it's useful for is telling you port length for a desired NET volume and tuning...

nG

xluben
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Nope, it does NOT take anything into account.

Basically the ONLY thing it's useful for is telling you port length for a desired NET volume and tuning...

nG

YES it does take port and driver displacement into account (it even takes out the displacement of the MDF used for the port and walls). I made an Excel file for calculating box volume when I was desinging a box and that link is spot on with my calculations. Here's the file (hopefully it is correct):

Download Box Calculator Via Xluben (http://www.jakobmetzger.com/misc/BoxCalculatorViaXluben.xls)

The top part is for round ports and the bottom is for one slot port along the side (like the site).

The tuning is off a bit from WinISD, but I'm not sure which would be considered more accurate. I think they're similar to about 1" or so. I don't think it'll be a real noticeable difference.

squeak9798
07-16-2006, 07:32 PM
IIRC WinISD's port length is incorrect...which fits in pattern with the rest of the program.....

xluben
07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
which version of winisd are you speaking of?

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 08:47 PM
YES it does take port and driver displacement into account (it even takes out the displacement of the MDF used for the port and walls). I made an Excel file for calculating box volume when I was desinging a box and that link is spot on with my calculations. Here's the file (hopefully it is correct):

Download Box Calculator Via Xluben (http://www.jakobmetzger.com/misc/BoxCalculatorViaXluben.xls)

The top part is for round ports and the bottom is for one slot port along the side (like the site).

The tuning is off a bit from WinISD, but I'm not sure which would be considered more accurate. I think they're similar to about 1" or so. I don't think it'll be a real noticeable difference.
So when you enter in the desired net volume, The design it gives you will yield the desired volume when the drivers are mounted?

xluben
07-16-2006, 10:14 PM
yes, if you enter driver displacement also.

djman37
07-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Xluben spreadsheet added to my collection, thx!

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Where would i be able to find the displacement of a :hide: type r.......i search but couldnt find it and checked the user manual. Had everything but the displacement.
Thanks

djman37
07-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Where would i be able to find the displacement of a :hide: type r.......i search but couldnt find it and checked the user manual. Had everything but the displacement.
Thanks

put the type-r in a 5 gallon buket, fill it with water, take out the sub, measure what's left!:D

j/k it's not on their site under support or anything?

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 10:57 PM
put the type-r in a 5 gallon buket, fill it with water, take out the sub, measure what's left!:D

j/k it's not on their site under support or anything?
Brilliant! Its not in the manual. I could email or call them, but i figured one of the gazilliontrillion owners knew.

djman37
07-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Brilliant! Its not in the manual. I could email or call them, but i figured one of the gazilliontrillion owners knew.

i just waded through some drama on ecoustics.. one guy said ABOUT .10...i don't think he knows. They look bigger than that.
Hey, try my little trick with packing material peanuts.

espguitarist91
07-16-2006, 11:07 PM
If i knew what that trick was i would. Especially if UPS packed my recently received speakers in packing peanuts instead of packing air bags. :(

squeak9798
07-16-2006, 11:48 PM

It's in the manual;

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/500/500SWR1242.PDF

.05cuft for a 10"
.071cuft for a 12"
.123cuft for a 15"

espguitarist91
07-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Wow, i still cant find it, but thanks for the nimbers. That seems so small.......?