PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with Echo42987?

linvillegorge
07-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I've already told him I'll buy his subs, I'm just looking for references. Thanks!

espguitarist91
07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Did you buy the L7's. I was talking to him about those, seemed nice and helpful.

DaveVT
08-03-2006, 11:39 PM
bump...anyone?.

linvillegorge
08-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I did buy the L7s. He was helpful when talking on the phone, but I guess he's not around much, so he's slow to respond to PMs. He received my MO on Wednesday I think. I called Thursday and he said he was very busy and wouldn't be able to ship until Friday. Evidently there was a death of someone close to him. He never did get me the tracking number. Finally, Raven2201 got me the tracking number. He ended up shipping them on the Monday after the Friday he said he was going to ship. All of this very well could've been due to the circumstances. No hard feelings from me. The L7s arrived in great shape and very well packaged. I haven't hooked them up yet, but I expect them to be just fine.

DaveVT
08-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately I am still waiting for the amp I picked up from him. I havent paid yet as that was the agreement. My only issue is that I have the money order filled out to him and I lost the receipt for it so I cant get a refund. He told me he should be shipping it saturday and I have heard nothing from him. He told me he shipped on a couple other occasions before the death in the family he mentioned. Hopefully he gets me tracking info or something. As of yet he hasnt even pm'd me or messaged me on aim. He seems like a busy guy and with the **** that happened recently I am being very patient and understanding but some kind of message from him would be nice. Oh, and nice to see you got the L7's. Hopefully he comes through for me as well.

linvillegorge
08-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Cancel that! I had only opened one L7 as I was out of town this past weekend and I knew I wouldn't have a chance to install them. I opened the second L7 tonight and the cone is frozen! I'm going to hook them up tomorrow, but I am 99.9% sure that this second L7 is a bad sub! I'm #&$(#& pi$$ed!!! Raven, you still have that phone #? I can't find it.

DaveVT
08-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Man, how you spell his last name?. I think I got it wrong.

DaveVT
08-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Personal info removed at Echo42987's request.

jeeper07
08-09-2006, 12:10 AM
dang that stinks let us know how it turns out

DaveT
08-09-2006, 12:13 AM
I thought it was antioch cali...I was gonna go clean house for ya

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Package was shipped under the account for Donato's industrial supplies company.....cant find them anywhere though....

linvillegorge
08-09-2006, 12:38 AM
It's Nick Mastrodonato, I guess he still lives with the parents. I'm pissed! I've sent him a PM, but I don't expect to hear anything from him. I'll be giving him a call tomorrow. I fully expect 1/2 my money back as only 1/2 the product I received was functional.

linvillegorge
08-09-2006, 02:05 AM
OK, I did some research on here to try to figure out if he knew this sub was blown when he sold it to me.

Here is the 1st thread that I can find where he tried to sell the subs and a KX1200.1:
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163368

Here is a thread where he stated that the KX1200.1 was actually blown:
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164537

So, he tried to sell the KX1200.1 as a working amp at first. He always presented the L7s as "like new."

Here is a thread where he offered his L7s for sell in early May:
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158234
I guess I know now why he didn't sell locally...

Maybe this is what happened to the sub...
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141553&page=3
Note where he says, "If there was a guard rail there....I would still be drivin' my baby and my sound system would be okay!"

After doing the research, it is my opinion that he did in fact know that this sub was blown when he sold it to me. It seems as if he originally posted his KX1200.1 for sale as functional and then later admitted it was blown. It is my opinion that these two subs are one in the same and that he knowingly sold me a sub as "like new" that was actually blown.

C'mon Nick! You have a decent rating on eBay. You seem to have a decent rep on this site. Make this right! Everyone screws up sometimes. If you make this right, then I'll assume that you did not know the sub was blown and that you made an honest mistake.

I gave you $300 for 2 "like new" Kicker L7s. I receiver one L7 that seems like it should be functional (I'll check to make sure tomorrow) and I received one L7 that is blown. The way I see it, at the very least you owe me $150 as you sent me only one working sub. I expect at least $150 back from you. Heck, I'll even cover the shipping to send this blown one back to you if you want it back. If you want them both back, that's fine as well. Just send me my $300 back and I'll send you these subs back in the same packaging you sent them in. Make this right!

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 02:09 AM
That royally *****. Looks like you did your research. Good luck man. Hopefully he comes through. I guess we will see.

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 12:06 PM
No word from him yet....maybe he will contact you.

linvillegorge
08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
He called me last night about 1am and left a message saying the subs were fine when he shipped, but he wants to make it right. I was going to give him a call back here in a bit.

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 02:03 PM
well let me know man. He hasnt even messaged me on aim.

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 02:06 PM
I dont know man. Maybe he didnt know. There is no way a sub blows in shipping though. Maybe a misaligned motor...I dont know. does the sub have a smell to it?. You should check the coils on a DMM.

linvillegorge
08-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Nah, no smell or anything. The cone is just frozen. You can manually force it to move, but that's it. Lots of grating and scratching sounds. The other sub seems fine, the cone moves freely.

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 03:09 PM
well, try checking the coils. if they read right it is probably a shifted motor. If they dont then its dead. Either way its worthless to you.

linvillegorge
08-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Could a shifted motor have happened during shipping? I'd like to think that this guy didn't intentionally sell me a bad sub.

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 03:58 PM
yeah a shifted motor could have happened in shipping if they werent packed well. If they were packed well then it was like that before shipping.

linvillegorge
08-09-2006, 04:06 PM
They were very well packaged using the factory box and foam surrounds.

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Then it was like that before shipping.

mtdewelf
08-09-2006, 04:09 PM
check with DMM, only thing that will tell you for sure if it was preshipping.

DaveVT
08-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I still havent heard anything on the amp.

linvillegorge
08-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I just hooked the subs up to some power. The one sub seems fine, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The sub with the frozen cone surprising did produce sound - I honestly didn't expect anything out of it - but the sound was pure distortion. This sub is blown.

DaveVT
08-10-2006, 01:07 PM
That ***** man. Hopefully he will make this right. I know he still hasnt contacted me yet about the amp.

DaveVT
08-10-2006, 01:08 PM
He is on aim now if you wanna talk to him.

DaveVT
08-10-2006, 01:16 PM
I just talked to him. He said he is gonna give you 150 back and you can send him the dead sub. He also said he is going to call you tonight. Now I just hope he will get that amp shipped out.

linvillegorge
08-10-2006, 02:00 PM
If that's what he's going to do, then I'm happy with that. I look forward to hearing from him. If he does that, then like I said, I'll assume that he didn't know that the sub was blown. If he knew, then I don't think he'd be willing to do anything about it since he would be knowingly screwing someone over in the first place.

DaveVT
08-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I dunno man. There are many scenarios as to why someone would do that. If he does the right thing then awesome. If not then I dunno....

linvillegorge
08-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Right now, all I care about is making it right. If I get the $150 back, I'll send him back this sub and call it water under the bridge.

DaveVT
08-10-2006, 03:05 PM
true, that would be a resonable end to the ordeal.

mtdewelf
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I just hooked the subs up to some power. The one sub seems fine, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The sub with the frozen cone surprising did produce sound - I honestly didn't expect anything out of it - but the sound was pure distortion. This sub is blown.

just curious if you ever tested coils.

linvillegorge
08-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Nah, I don't have access to a DMM. I was going to run it by a local shop, but after putting some power to it, something is obviously very, very wrong and I can't fix it, so I didn't bother. The subs were sold as "like new" and one definitely did not arrive that way.

DaveVT
08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
either way its dead. Now we just have to wait and see if he comes through. did he call you yet?

linvillegorge
08-10-2006, 11:20 PM
He just sent me a PM. I replied. He says he's willing to make it right.

DaveVT
08-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Well, I hope he does man. Come on nick, lets get this all cleared up.

linvillegorge
08-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Just heard back from Echo via PM. I'm shipping the dead sub back to him tomorrow. I have to wait until he receives it and "tests it" before he will then ship out a money order back to me. So, in short, I receive a dead sub, then I'm to send it back for him to test, to then refund me at his discretion. Either way, it'll be at least 10 days or so before I see my money back. I can't say that I'm happy about this.

DaveVT
08-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Just heard back from Echo via PM. I'm shipping the dead sub back to him tomorrow. I have to wait until he receives it and "tests it" before he will then ship out a money order back to me. So, in short, I receive a dead sub, then I'm to send it back for him to test, to then refund me at his discretion. Either way, it'll be at least 10 days or so before I see my money back. I can't say that I'm happy about this.

You shouldnt have to wait at all. You have already been patient as can be with him. Why should you ship it first?. So you can wait a month for your money. Must be nice to at least hear from him. I am leaving him neg feedback if I dont hear from him by tomorrow.

linvillegorge
08-14-2006, 01:28 AM
^^^^
I feel the same way Raven. He's saying if he can't find anything wrong with it, he feels there should be no refund. Well, the phucking cone is FROZEN! The sub is PHUCKED! I just want my $$$ back, that's all! Call it a day! I'm still taking the other sub, so he gets the $150 for that - I'm not even asking for that back! I'm paying him for the good product I received, I'm just asking for the $150 back for the BAD product I received. Not to mention I'm covering the shipping to send the dead sub back to him! I think that's more than fair! I asked for the money order to be sent as soon as he confirms the tracking number. He doesn't like that. I'm seriously considering just saying phuck it, leave him serious negative feedback and eBay this dead L7 for whatever I can get for it and just be done with the entire ordeal.

linvillegorge
08-14-2006, 01:31 AM
I know one thing, I'll never buy off of this forum again unless someone can provide me with mulitple airtight positive references. All the references Echo gave me came back with a - WTF? Why is this guy using me as a reference? response. That should've been enough to tip my dumb @$$ off.

DaveVT
08-14-2006, 01:56 AM
I know one thing, I'll never buy off of this forum again unless someone can provide me with mulitple airtight positive references. All the references Echo gave me came back with a - WTF? Why is this guy using me as a reference? response. That should've been enough to tip my dumb @$$ off.

edit...nevermind

linvillegorge
08-14-2006, 03:02 AM
I'm just pi$$ed right now. All I can think about is how I could've went to www.hifisoundconnection.com and gotten 2 new '04 L7s for $332 shipped to my door. Right now, I'm sitting here with one used '05 L7 and one blown '05 L7 for $300.

linvillegorge
08-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Here's the PM I just sent him, I think this is more than fair:

After thinking this over some more and talking to Raven2201 about this, I'd really like you to send the money order as soon as I get you the tracking number. If you're "trusting me 100%" that shouldn't be a problem. If you can fix the sub, you should be able to resell it without much problem. This whole situation has gone on far too long and I'd just like it cleared up ASAP. The sooner it gets cleared up, the sooner I can just call this all water under the bridge.

I just don't see how the sub could've been damaged during shipping? It was very well packaged. I don't know, whatever. I just want $150 back. I'm already covering the shipping cost to send it back to you and I'm taking the initiative to send it to you and get you a tracking number without asking for anything other than a commitment for you to send the MO when you get the tracking number. I really, really do not think this is too much to ask.

If you agree to this, I'll ship the sub out as soon as I get your reply. If you don't, I'm probably just going to sell this thing on eBay as a dead sub and get whatever I can get and leave negative feedback. What else can I do?

linvillegorge
08-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Raven, I hope you don't mind me bringing your name up in this. Sorry, I should've asked first.

DaveVT
08-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Raven, I hope you don't mind me bringing your name up in this. Sorry, I should've asked first.

Its fine man. I am talking to him on aim now and linking this thread to him.

linvillegorge
08-14-2006, 03:43 AM
He agreed to do what I stated in the PM. I'm shipping the sub out tomorrow.

Echo42987
08-14-2006, 03:49 AM
We need to clear my name up here boys lol....

That one thread you made in the beginning with all the links is a lie. No the sub was not sent blown I wouldn't ever even think about doing that.

The first time I was trying to sell the amp, it wasn't blown then. The amp blew after and when it blew I STATED in the thread that is was a BLOWN amp.

Also when both subs were shipped out they were tested and WORKED fine. I am believing linvillegorge that one doesn't work because I don't see why he would keep one and lie about the other one.

I appreciate all the patients you two have given me and everything is going to be taken care of tom. Sorry for the hold on everything but after this is over, please step back into this not being neg feedback, thank you

-Nick-

DaveVT
08-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Echo42987 has sent me tracking info and the amp appears to be on its way. I will update this again when it arrives. Looks like this situaton may finally get settled.

linvillegorge
08-15-2006, 10:52 PM
The sub is in UPS's hands now. Echo has the tracking number. I'll post when I receive the money order.

DaveVT
08-19-2006, 02:14 AM
I recieved the amp a couple days ago while I was gone. I just checked it out and it is in a little worse shape than I was told it was plus the bass knob, cord and stuff wasnt included as it was supposed to be. Other than that I am fine with the deal. It was recived as promised. Thanks nick!!!!

linvillegorge
08-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I received the money order from Echo today. The other L7 is already in the Tahoe and is working just fine. We're all squared away now. Thanks Echo!

linvillegorge
08-22-2006, 06:07 PM
nvmd

Echo42987
08-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys! Sorry for the trouble....Glad to see I worked everything out!

-Nick-