PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

Kaos
07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
This is getting aggrevating. I have a 97 Ford Ranger ext. cab and the door and rear speakers keep going out. When I had the factory radio in there the drivers side front went out followed by the passanger side front. Then, I put a Pioneer hu and some Kenwood spkrs front and rear (replacing my factory ones). Not too long later my drivers side front went out followed by the passenger front. Now my drivers side rear has gone out too (all this has happened in the last year or so). That leaves me listening to 2 Kicker 10's and one 6x8/5x7 speaker, which really *****!

I'm thinking it has something to do w/ the factory wires. Every now and then when I hit a bump, the passenger side front spkr. will come on. But when I hit another bump it will go back out. I guess I am going to have to break down and run new wires to all my spkr's. This is kinda a good thing because it will give me a chance to hook up a 4 channel 200w RF amp I've had laying around.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, experiences, I'm listening. Thanks.

Tinker
07-15-2006, 04:13 PM
I say go for the rewire :thumbupw:

MBrock4u
07-16-2006, 07:48 AM
That does ****. Guess you will have to re wire everything. Good luck!

Kaos
07-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys, I was afraid of that. I've been dreading the rewire due to how difficult it was going to be to get the wire to the front spkrs. in the doors. Threading it through an off-set, ribbed, boot, full of wires that goes between the door and body of the truck was a real pain. I managed to get about halfway done last night before the darkness and masquitos got me. Today all I have to do is hook up the amp and run a couple of wires from the back spkrs. which will be pretty easy if everything goes like it should.

Kaos
07-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Well, the new wires did the trick. But now I have two problems:

I have a Fosgate 200a4 to run the front and rear door spkr's. My Pioneer HU only has two sets of RCA output jacks. I'm using one set to run my subs. The other set I am running to RF 200a4. The only problem is the amp has a space for 3 sets of RCA inputs (front, rear, and pass through). If I plug just the one set of cables from my HU into either the front or rear inputs of the amp it only allows me to use 2 spkrs. at a time. How do I get my amp to run all four of my spkrs. w/ only one set of RCA inputs from the HU?

I am also getting a little engine noise in my spkrs. I'm at a loss to combat this one. Any tips would be helpful. TIA.