PDA

View Full Version : About to start a build. Quick Question....

SuperTrooper
07-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm building a sealed enclosure for my 2 - 12" L7's. Is it best to have them in seperate chambers or have them share one big chamber ? This is my first build. So I really don't know too much about it. Some recommendations on the size I should build it would be much appreciated. It's going in a Nissan X-Terra.

I'm not trying to win any competitions or anything, just doing this for a little experence and something to do. I have a vented enclosure I'm happy with if this becomes a disaster. But thats why I'm starting out easy with a sealed box. Thanks.

LUV2BHATED
07-15-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm doing the same exact build right now except my box is ported, i would think it would be better to seperate the chambers just in case one of your subs go out it wont take up the air or sumthing like that , im no pro like other people here but thats wut i was reading before, hope this helps and good luck wit ur box

SuperTrooper
07-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Kewl, Thanks for the input.

POLKAT
07-15-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm doing the same exact build right now except my box is ported, i would think it would be better to seperate the chambers just in case one of your subs go out it wont take up the air or sumthing like that , im no pro like other people here but thats wut i was reading before, hope this helps and good luck wit ur box
^

Just to add to that the partition in the middle will also add bracing to your box making it stronger.

mobilesndfx
07-15-2006, 05:53 PM
If your building a sealed box, you dont need to seperate chambers, the only advantage is strength. For ported, I prefer to seperate chambers, but also not necessary. The important thing in building seperate chambers is that there exactly the same. Any difference in volume will cause a different response curve from each sub.

Ingleside
07-15-2006, 06:14 PM
since you're building a sealded box you might as well make a partition between both subs. in case one sub blows one day the other sub won't have double the air space to play in and won't be subjected to any possible harm.

SuperTrooper
07-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the input dudes.