PDA

View Full Version : Well I posted this in the fiberglass.....

NMBR1SPT
07-13-2006, 11:23 PM
well I posted this in the F/G section and didn't get any responses........correct me if I'm wrong to fiberglass my dash and door panels... all I need to do is sand lightly wipe it with acetone and put resin and then a thin layer of fiber sand then resin till smooth..... same for door panels and roof liner???? and do I need to fiber the door or just resin the door.....

blue93corsica
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
polyester resin doesn't stick to plastic, sand the dash down and remove as much grain as possible, then apply a high build primer over top (not the spray can primer either) sand that smooth and you'll have a glass-like smooth dash

nYc.kablamO
07-14-2006, 02:11 PM
it depends if the panels are hard plastic or soft or rubber.
if its hard plastic you need to sand, lite, you dont need to go nuts. Then clean them thoroughly take your time especially if you like armor all. Let them sit in the sun, nice n hot, some scuff stuff on a scuff pad and water and scrub them. To fill them a high build primer will work. Theres sprayable polyfill that builds up really nicely, but it needs a spray gun with a relatively large tip.
Ive never tried to glass doors/dash that were soft/rubber, i always thought just taping the piece up and making a glass cover worked fine, like if you wanted to do sections of your doors.
gl

NMBR1SPT
07-15-2006, 01:06 AM
the panels are from a 97 dodge ram

dbornotdb
07-15-2006, 11:44 PM
http://www.fiberglassforums.com/showthread.php?t=193

That is what to do if the pieces are gonna remain in the factory shapes.

If your gonna change the shape of something or add pods or something, then you need to do alot of different things.

How about posting a pic of the dash/doors and a description of what it is you ant to do to them/
That is how you get the answers you want.

NMBR1SPT
07-15-2006, 11:48 PM
will do, thanks