PDA

View Full Version : doing my own blow-through

RumbleNTheTrunk
07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
well I was quoted 1k$ from a local noteable shop (innovative rides)...personally I know its worth the money but there work is show worthy....I want to try it myself, with help from some friends my brother and dad of course I wouldnt be doing all the work..how hard is this to do....I get the basics, I was told the accordian boot is around 200 for a truck..iono that expensive. If I can be pointed in the right direction that would be much appreicated.

bjfish11
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I think I paid about $4.50 per foot for my according boot, and if I remember correctly I used between 10-15 feet. So $200 seems kinda high.
On a side note, did you decide against the console?

RumbleNTheTrunk
07-13-2006, 09:19 PM
I think I paid about $4.50 per foot for my according boot, and if I remember correctly I used between 10-15 feet. So $200 seems kinda high.
On a side note, did you decide against the console?
yea Aaron at innovative rides really didnt see my truck...i drive a 94 ford f-150 so its not too big of a truck...and im not doing the console...i really wanna do a blow thru...if not im going to do the box behind my seats and between my seats.

ballstothewall
07-13-2006, 09:50 PM
You do realize the resale value of the truck will go down alot right?

zthumper
07-13-2006, 09:51 PM

Thats why I'm not ever gonna do it to mine.

Chevyaudio
07-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Yep...as long as you are prepared to lose the re-sale value of the truck. A blow-through is pretty straight forward. The hard part is getting both openings to line up perfectly (cap opening, bed-wall opening). Just make sure you measure about 1000 times before you cut....this isnt like building a speaker box, where if you fvck up a cut you can make another or buy new MDF....you only have one truck.

RumbleNTheTrunk
07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
im not resaling....im 17.....if anything im buying new later and turning this truck into a competition truck :) but for now I wanna do a blow-through.

Mitch86
07-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Sorry, not trying to "thread jack", but wth is a "blow-through"? I've saw it mentioned a couple of times. Just makes me scratch my head everytime. I would google it...but it'd be hard to decipher amongst the thousands of pages of **** I would get when searching for "blow through".

CJL
07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Sorry, not trying to "thread jack", but wth is a "blow-through"? I've saw it mentioned a couple of times. Just makes me scratch my head everytime. I would google it...but it'd be hard to decipher amongst the thousands of pages of **** I would get when searching for "blow through".

LMAO:rotflol:

Chevyaudio
07-14-2006, 09:53 AM
a blowthrough is where you cut a hole in the cab and the bed wall of a pickup truck. Basically creating a tunnel from the bed to the cab. Once you cut the hole all you need is a weather proof toneau cover and their you have it upwards of 40-50 cubes of space that can be used for a box.

Decipha
07-14-2006, 10:24 AM
decipher

:yumyum:

toaster
07-14-2006, 10:44 AM
get an air saw, or recip saw. air saw is best, however.

sandwich .75" mdf or other wood between cab wall and bed wall, the metal is flimsy and will bend back and forth with the blade movement if you dont, and will result in uneven cuts and differences between bed wall and cab wall.

measure where you wanna cut, and pop a chalk line across the 2 points on each side, then goto town.