PDA

View Full Version : 1 fist post,Speaker problems

theotherguy
07-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I recenlty bought 6 complete kicker ks6.2 componet speaker set's.I have only gotten 2 set in and allready problem's.The cross over's on my front speaker's have allready failed(stopped working).Swaped in a new set of x-overs work again, what would cause such short life. I have also noticed these speaker's don't seem to have much mid to low bass,I read some reviews that said they had exlent mid to low bass.Was I miss informed? I have also Tried with out the supplied crossover and they sound better....what give's?

springy101
07-13-2006, 06:58 PM
I recenlty bought 6 complete kicker ks6.2 componet speaker set's.I have only gotten 2 set in and allready problem's.The cross over's on my front speaker's have allready failed(stopped working).Swaped in a new set of x-overs work again, what would cause such short life. I have also noticed these speaker's don't seem to have much mid to low bass,I read some reviews that said they had exlent mid to low bass.Was I miss informed? I have also Tried with out the supplied crossover and they sound better....what give's?
well first of all why did you buy 6 sets? and if any crossovers fail get them warrantied. to improve midbass you will probably have to sound deaden your doors and builld kickpods for better imaging. and never, never, never run those speakers without the crossovers, they will die very fast.

theotherguy
07-13-2006, 07:10 PM
I bought them from a caraudio shop that was shutting down.No warranty every thing as is.At 90% off I would have bought a lot more if I had the money.What could have caused The crossover's to fail so fast took about 40 minutes.They wern't turned up very loud and both front x-overs went at same time.Since then I have replaced the wire's,x-oxer's and speaker's.Were they possable just defective?Also the speaker's these replaced were pyle 2 way 6.5 and they sounded prety good in mid to low bass,diffrent speakers want diffrent things or will these just not proform in the lower freq. These claim in ower manul that they have high excursion for added bass out put and high spl.Could it be true or are these thing's crap?

soulstace
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Maybe thats the reason they got shut down. Too much faulty equipment and customers getting pissed off.

I don't see any other reason they should fail unless of course they shorted out or you put too much power to them.

MBrock4u
07-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Can't blame you for buying them at the amazing mark down, but i would have been leary of them at that markdown.. Sorry to hear you are having problems. I personally will only buy speakers that I have head and come with a warranty. When my infinity kappa had crossover problems, I just took it back and got a replacement. Good luck to you in finding that midbass.