PDA

View Full Version : Co2 sensor

Civic_boi334
07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Heres the deal, If i sit at the light too llong,m my car will idle down too low and will try to cut off. The repair shop said it was my co2 sensor. i got it replaced but, I think its still tryin to do it. ANy suggestion in what to look for???

joetama
07-13-2006, 12:17 PM
What type of car is it and what year? HOw many miles?

Skip01
07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Just O.......O2 sensor.
Are you getting a check engine light?
Depending on what year Civic you have there should be a idle screw on the throttle body,give it a lil turn and see which way is up than set it up a lil higher than you have it now.
Were you getting bad gas mileage before?

NhustlaR
07-13-2006, 12:45 PM
your co2 sensor is going off cuz youre breathing too much in your car :)

Civic_boi334
07-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Alrite pencil **** with the jokes. I was not getting bad gas mileage and since they replace the sensor, the check engine light is now off.

SyKo13
07-13-2006, 03:35 PM
fuel? check the filter see if it isn't clogged, check the air box make sure it isnt clogged, check the TB, i'd sya injectors but it's a pain in the *** to check...

SyKo13
07-13-2006, 03:36 PM
your co2 sensor is going off cuz youre breathing too much in your car :)
could be that too, too much air not enough fuel = bad mixture

Civic_boi334
07-13-2006, 04:11 PM
O u guys got jokes for days huh???

SyKo13
07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
whos got jokes?

Civic_boi334
07-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Just O.......O2 sensor.
Are you getting a check engine light?
Depending on what year Civic you have there should be a idle screw on the throttle body,give it a lil turn and see which way is up than set it up a lil higher than you have it now.
Were you getting bad gas mileage before?

Im not good with motors so, The throttle is like pressing the gas under the hood rite??? Where the idle screw from that???

heyman421
07-13-2006, 09:10 PM
what year is your car?

heyman421
07-13-2006, 09:15 PM
n/m, i don't want to keep checking back.

if your car is 90's or newer, you don't have an idle set screw

you have an idle stabilizer valve, which uses vacuum control to set the idle, sort of a primitive (less powerful) cruise control

your problem is one of the following:

secondary fuel pump (pickup pump)
primary fuel pump
fuel pump relay
fuel filter (cheapest, probably $5 or less, replace this)
vacuum leak

if your car runs fine, but idles like ***, it's one of these, and if your car is an early 90's car using motronic fuel management, it may just be a dying air regulator 'flap' or a corroding relay. my 91 16v golf had a crappy idle, and after a few $100 trying to find the problem, i said to hell with it

heyman421
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
and chill out on the name calling, it's not like these people even know who you are, it's really not that personal, man

Civic_boi334
07-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I was not being personal. Whats a little humor if they're using it.

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Im not good with motors so, The throttle is like pressing the gas under the hood rite??? Where the idle screw from that???

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

who the hell let you anywhere near a car, oh jesus ooooohhh man thats good stuff... i think driver's ed should include basic automotive knowledge or at least require proof of non-retardation
wow, i was gonna take the time to type one of my usual more well thought out responses but wow, i'm just awestruck by your ignorance and stupidity, its sad that people with such a lack of understanding are allowed to operate a vehicle. i mean honestly, i dont know how to sew a sweater so i stay the hell away from a sewing machine.... if you're going to be operating something that is potentially dangerous than you should really learn what the f is going on.

glad a shop sold you a CO2 sensor, i'd do the same to obvious special ed students such as yourself.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well done sir, well done

Airman21
07-16-2006, 04:47 AM

you have an idle stabilizer valve, which uses vacuum control to set the idle, sort of a primitive (less powerful) cruise control

primary fuel pump
fuel pump relay
vacuum leak

if your car runs fine, but idles like ***, it's one of these, and if your car is an early 90's car using motronic fuel management, it may just be a dying air regulator 'flap' or a corroding relay. my 91 16v golf had a crappy idle, and after a few $100 trying to find the problem, i said to hell with it

x2 on the fuel filter it fixed my idle problem.. its very cheap and can be done by yourself...good luck

Silver
07-16-2006, 09:54 AM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

who the hell let you anywhere near a car, oh jesus ooooohhh man thats good stuff... i think driver's ed should include basic automotive knowledge or at least require proof of non-retardation
wow, i was gonna take the time to type one of my usual more well thought out responses but wow, i'm just awestruck by your ignorance and stupidity, its sad that people with such a lack of understanding are allowed to operate a vehicle. i mean honestly, i dont know how to sew a sweater so i stay the hell away from a sewing machine.... if you're going to be operating something that is potentially dangerous than you should really learn what the f is going on.

glad a shop sold you a CO2 sensor, i'd do the same to obvious special ed students such as yourself.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well done sir, well done

Sorry to hear you stick your own kawk in your *** at night. Do you really have to do that. You ****** redneck.

Depending when you took your vehicle to the shop, go back there and tell them that what they did you your vehicle, didn't fix the problem. More than likely they'll test your fuel pressure and diagnos your vehicle free.

I doubt your pump is going bad, although very likely. If the pump was bad your car wouldn't start. To check the fuel pump get a friend make him turn the car ON, not start while your listening for the pump to kick on.

Try some fuel injector cleaner, change your fuel filter, give it some maintenance mang! In my eyes, a fuel filter is eaiser than a oil change.

Silver
07-16-2006, 10:05 AM

primary fuel pump
fuel pump relay
vacuum leak

hehe for your golf, did you check your spark plugs ;). My car had a rough idle and I found out I had the wrong tapered plugs. Previous owner on that one.

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear you stick your own kawk in your *** at night. Do you really have to do that. You ****** redneck.

wow i should give that a shot, i might never go out again. and since that wasnt what i had said i assume you're asking if i really have to do what i did do and thats be an arsehole in my response, the answer is yes. and as far as redneck, nah shoulda gone with something else, not that i'm hurt by it but because it really doesnt make any sense, nice try though champ.

NhustlaR
07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
might be a vaccum(sp?) leak. my car idles like **** because of that. i dont know where this one hose goes to? haha it just hangs there sucking in random air

heyman421
07-16-2006, 11:39 AM
haha, does ur car have an aftermarket air intake?

It may have gone to the factory airbox.

Just look around, the boot that goes from the intake to the throttle body, solenoids, etc.

You should be able to find it.

What about on the TB itself?

heyman421
07-16-2006, 11:41 AM
hehe for your golf, did you check your spark plugs ;). My car had a rough idle and I found out I had the wrong tapered plugs. Previous owner on that one.

hell no, i got rid of it before it blew up

haha.

thing had an 'actual mileage title' that said 999,999,999 miles :rolleyes:

i have NO idea what was going on with that car, other than the fact that the odo read 49,000 miles....... hard to believe for a 15 year old car.

Skip01
07-16-2006, 07:31 PM
I have a 95 Civic and it has a idle screw on the throttle body.So newer than 90s cars can come with them.

Im sure yours is in the same place.

Silver
07-16-2006, 07:44 PM
wow i should give that a shot, i might never go out again. and since that wasnt what i had said i assume you're asking if i really have to do what i did do and thats be an arsehole in my response, the answer is yes. and as far as redneck, nah shoulda gone with something else, not that i'm hurt by it but because it really doesnt make any sense, nice try though champ.

I really don't care its a forum, but coming in here ripping on someone that isn't as smart as you are with cars is what pisses me off. You probably own some piece of **** 1337 rice burner anyways.. nerdski.

Lemme re-phrase my previous kawk in ***/redneck phrase.

You f*cking cocky piece of ****. Hows that?

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-17-2006, 04:17 AM
I really don't care its a forum, but coming in here ripping on someone that isn't as smart as you are with cars is what pisses me off. You probably own some piece of **** 1337 rice burner anyways.. nerdski.

Lemme re-phrase my previous kawk in ***/redneck phrase.

You f*cking cocky piece of ****. Hows that?

yeah thats better. but, just as a word to the wise, as apparently i'm a cocky person and sadly no one has noticed, every single response i've given to every thread has been to either cause a reaction or its been a complete rambling on of nonsensical groupings of words that no one is smart enough to figure out, and its all been complete bs. its funny, i stopped caring about this forum because of the ignorant questions in this section so i thought i'd just go ahead and make up stuff for responses, and No One noticed. pretty sad. maybe that makes me cocky, i dunno, but i was hoping at least Someone would call me out on what i've been saying, i guess you're the closest one to doing that by responding to one of my less thought out, more mocking responses. and because of that, if i ever bake cookies and you're around, you are entitled to one cookie. adios

Civic_boi334
07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I was also told that I need a basic tune-up. They said my spark plugs and wires might need to b replaced. Could that b a problem???

Skip01
07-17-2006, 04:19 PM
I was also told that I need a basic tune-up. They said my spark plugs and wires might need to b replaced. Could that b a problem???

Could be,just go into a Firestone or Pepboys or what not,and have them do a full tune up.Should replace the plugs,wires,and fuel filter amongst other stuff.
Also what year is ur Civic?
Check out www.honda-tech.com tons of info just search around.
Good Luck.

rob_z89
07-17-2006, 06:19 PM
i suggest before u go replacing parts you check for a vacuum leak and clean the tb either of those could be your problem and really is an easy fix if it is

Silver
07-18-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah thats better. but, just as a word to the wise, as apparently i'm a cocky person and sadly no one has noticed, every single response i've given to every thread has been to either cause a reaction or its been a complete rambling on of nonsensical groupings of words that no one is smart enough to figure out, and its all been complete bs. its funny, i stopped caring about this forum because of the ignorant questions in this section so i thought i'd just go ahead and make up stuff for responses, and No One noticed. pretty sad. maybe that makes me cocky, i dunno, but i was hoping at least Someone would call me out on what i've been saying, i guess you're the closest one to doing that by responding to one of my less thought out, more mocking responses. and because of that, if i ever bake cookies and you're around, you are entitled to one cookie. adios

:D GTFO. Go to the off-topic section homo.

Civic_boi334
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
found the problem. 2 of my spark plug wires were melting. I changed all of the and it runs fine.

heyman421
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
nice

i never even thought of that