PDA

View Full Version : Box plan for Kicker L5

jrr323
07-12-2006, 02:38 PM
can someone do me a favor and build a box plan for 1 12" kicker L5. im not good with plans so can some one help me out. i would like the box to be 2 cu. ft. and tune to 32HZ
any help apreciated. :)

jrr323
07-15-2006, 06:36 PM
anyone?

mobilesndfx
07-15-2006, 06:52 PM
You cant just pick a box size and tuning frequency out of thin air. A 2 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz, might work, I dont know, I can run it through some software if you want me to, but your best bet is to go with the plans in your Kicker manual. Theres plans for a 1.75 cu. ft. box in there.

jrr323
07-15-2006, 10:15 PM
You cant just pick a box size and tuning frequency out of thin air. A 2 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz, might work, I dont know, I can run it through some software if you want me to, but your best bet is to go with the plans in your Kicker manual. Theres plans for a 1.75 cu. ft. box in there.
yeah there is a plan but i want it a little bit bigger. i got the idea of 2cu ft. @ 32Hz from the box plan it the forum. i was wondering if i could use the same plan but make the hole square instead of circle to fit the kicker, but will it be the same? yeah i would apreciate it if you run it threw the software.

jeepintn
07-15-2006, 10:19 PM
yes, it should work the same

mobilesndfx
07-15-2006, 11:02 PM
yes, if you saw those plans and your just wondering square versus circle, theres not going to be much if any difference. The only difference might be driver volume and if theres any, it isnt enough to worry about. Go with what you saw. I use BassBox Pro software, if you want more detailed specs on your box, Ill run it for you, but if you already know it works, dont worry about it, go for it!